Injury Report: Playoff Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
They had to play the Hamburglar in the playoffs two years ago so they shouldn’t have been shocked that the same situation came up again. No team has a real quality number 3 unless it’s a waiver exempt NHL ready prospect, would any other realistic option have been better than Hutch at that point? I’m not sure why they refused to sign a proper number 3 over the summer and here we are again without one signed, they seem to be deathly afraid of that guy getting taken off waivers (thanks, Toronto!). So we’ll likely do the same dance again unless/until either Werner or Annunen get their confidence as a real number 3 or they’ll just trade for one again. And that guy still won’t be better than Hutch.
Not sure what is the correlation here. Two different sets of goalies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Don’t know where to put it but I thought a lot of you might be interested. I know there was a lot of speculation what happened to Francouz during playoffs. Today there is an interview on Czech news web and he explains it in quiet a detail. I tried to translated to the best of my knowledge, but there are couple of thinks I am not sure I got correct.
In addition to the longing, you were also bothered by an injury in the playoffs, which appeared at the worst possible moment.
Well, right! One imagines that there will be a time when you can help the team to get somewhere. Unfortunately, it didn't happen to me, but to Chudobin. Of course, I was happy for him to be able to take Dallas as far as he did as a backup, but let me be honest: I wanted to experience this.
Why it didn't work?
Maybe it all started with my left knee, where I had a swelling. I received an injection that relieved the pain a little, but I was probably relieving the knee while overloading my hip. Already in a group match, I was hit by an opposite player when I had my leg clenched while doing split. It stabbed me in the hip, the place hardened after the match.
That wasn't that bad yet.
No. There was one back to back match in the 1st round of the playoffs. We agreed whit the doctors they would prepare me so I was able to play one match in the series. I didn't train much, I just strengthened and I managed it.
What happened next?
After Arizona, we went to Dallas, where we wanted to follow the same plan. But in the middle of the first match, Gruby fell to the ice after one safe and I knew right away that it is bad.
That’s when it got worse?
I went into the gate cold, which didn't help my hip at all, and it took me. Inflammation developed that limited me. My game was not what I would have imagined.
Is it in the goalie’s head?
I tried not to think about it. You don't feel pain in enthusiasm, I've played a lot of matches with it. But what was worse, the joint lost momentum and I couldn't stretch or bounce properly. It was really a big mental test.
A terrible feeling?
More like helplessness. The matches went quickly and the injury worsened sharply. At the same time, I knew that no one else was behind me. I don't want it to sound bad on other goalkeepers, but I felt like we managed the whole season with me and Grubauer, but after his injury I was left alone.
Source: Je mu třicet, tělo se ozývá. Přesto si Francouz vychytal v NHL slibnou pozici - iDNES.cz
Quite funny that we have to rely on foreign journalists to get Avs news, especially injury details.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I think we can label them as such now. It might not be Pascal Leclaire-bad, but there's an issue.

As to whether the organization knew, well, they knew there was a possibility given what happened the last time.
That’s my point how can you know its going to happen to goalie C&D because it happen before to goalie A&B? There is no correlation.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Didn't Frankie mention his injury was something he's played through in the past? Now he's got another lower body injury before even playing a game.

Sakic has been hitting a lot of home runs and line drives lately, but seems as though this should have been a red flag for him.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
There is always time to make a deal for a goalie. This team can't afford to lose goalies again, specially in the playoffs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Didn't Frankie mention his injury was something he's played through in the past? Now he's got another lower body injury before even playing a game.

Sakic has been hitting a lot of home runs and line drives lately, but seems as though this should have been a red flag for him.
What RFA goalie likely to test the UFA market would you like to trade for at the deadline to get a look at?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Damn. That sucks for Frankie. I'm guessing this is likely to do with whatever was ailing him last August. I'm pretty sure they said he had a small surgery to clean up whatever it was that was causing him problems and I'm thinking that surgery didn't go over well.

Sakic needs to be on the phone for a Goalie asap. This is how you injure Grubauer now from over working him because we don't have a reliable backup to give him appropriate days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad