Injury Report: Playoff Injury Reports

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Yeah once Mika's shot was in place again he got going funny enough. Before that both he and the shot were all over the place.
confidence is an incredible thing for an athlete. i said this before but i look at mika and i see a guy who at times doesnt realize just how good he is and how good he can be. i think this playoffs may have proven that to him and that is one of the reasons i loved kreider throwing the tablet. guy, just trust how f***ing good you are and play, stop second guessing yourself...

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Hard disagree with this. Do you guys just look at total points and call it a day?

Wouldn’t it be the opposite? If we only looked at point totals, wouldn’t most of us be defending Panarin instead of insisting he had a good season just because points?

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Blink twice if Wilson concussed Panarin, which spilled into the offseason, and now he's a scared perimeter player.
If we give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that the concussion possibly impacted his off-season and led to that perimeter style, next season should be telling in terms of his ability to bounce back fully.

Would be typical Rangers luck to see him deteriorate because of injury right as he becomes a key cog on a successful team ala Nash, Staal, etc.

Reactions: LokiDog

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Wouldn’t it be the opposite? If we only looked at point totals, wouldn’t most of us be defending Panarin instead of insisting he had a good season just because points?
Reread the post I was quoting - I'm saying what you're saying. He has the most points but other forwards had better years.

Reactions: LokiDog

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Hard disagree with this. Do you guys just look at total points and call it a day?
Not sure exactly what that means, but when you're the highest scorer on the team, you certainly have way more leeway than someone who gets 25 points a year as far as appraising their performance.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Not sure exactly what that means, but when you're the highest scorer on the team, you certainly have way more leeway than someone who gets 25 points a year as far as appraising their performance.

This is such bullshit. Sorry brother, but it’s the truth.

Should Pastrnak get more leeway than Bergeron or McAvoy just because points give people a stiffy? Is Shayne Gostisbehre and his 51 points better and more valuable than Colton Parayko and his 32 points?

More over, if you’re appraising their performance, you’re doing so relative to what you expected from them. If I’m grading Jesper Fast I’m not giving him a D for not reaching 90 points. He can score 30+ points and get an A for what he does relative to what role he plays relative to how much he’s paid to play it. At the same time, a player can make a ton of money, score a ton of points, and also make a ton of bad plays and be given a B or B+.

Panarin had a lot of points. He still had a B season. He picked up 38% of his points on the PP, gave the puck away a ton, wouldn’t shoot and overall didn’t have as large of a positive impact on the games as he has in most years of his career. The only way to refute that is to say “but points!” and you can do that until you’re blue in the face, but I will vehemently disagree with any way that you spin in.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I figured CK was injured but I figured it was lower body or ribs not his wrist. Wonder if he had more than 1 injury. I remember a play when the puck was 3 feet away and he didn't move.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad