Injury Report: Playoff Injury Reports

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Guess we should be getting that information very soon. Clearly we had major players injured throughout the playoffs:

Panarin
Lindgren
Strome
Copp
Chytil
Goodrow
Motte

Very interested to see what Panarin’s injury was because his play this playoffs was absolutely dreadful after his regular season performance. He couldn’t handle the puck at all, has to be some sort or wrist/hand injury.

Lindgren will probably require 16 surgeries for the amount of injuries he has.

Strome’s next team can worry about his.

Goodrow is probably still playing with a broken ankle or something similar.

Not sure what happened to Copp, also injured right at the end of the regular season, played through it but was mainly ineffective. Guess that will keep his price down a bit.

Chytil suffered something a couple games ago.

Motte looked ok coming back but probably wasnt 100% from his regular season injury.

Great news is even with the massive workload, Igor stayed strong. I know there have been some worries about his injury proneness.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
I have been predicting a Kreider injury since round 1, curious to see if I had it right.

Kreider did take a direct puck to his trachea, so there was that. Don't forget that Fox has been playing through something since February.

Nothing tops Zuccarello needing to re-learn how to speak despite being listed as day-to-day.

Thank you @The Crypto Guy as I wanted a consolidated thread to track/report.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think we're getting carried away a little.....
Shesterkin looked hobbled against Pittsburgh but looked fine after that. I'll give you that one.

Kreider is a maybe too. Pucks to the collarbone, trachea are no fun. Maybe he was ok, maybe he was still in pain.

Fox was definitely not 100%. No way.

Trouba is a bit banged up from all those blocked shots I'm sure.

Cruxial

Nov 2, 2007
Shesty couldn't catch the puck cleanly throughout the entirety of the playoffs and it led to several goals against. I'd bet his catching hand is injured.

• Wow
Reactions: Captain Lindy

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don’t expect to hear much that we didn’t already know about. Lindgren/Goodrow/Copp were clearly the most injured.

Panarin’s issues didn’t seem physical as the playoffs went on, between the ears was the problem

Panarin became a lot more noticeable and like himself of sorts towards the end of the Carolina series. I think he was dealing with something but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that got better over the course of the playoffs.

Somehow I doubt any injury reports even get to media, that went out of style in the last number of years or so. Everything is hush hush even once the season is over

Yeah, I don't think we'll get the full scope of everything. Guys that need surgery and the like we'll hear about but I doubt we hear about every bump and bruise.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
I don’t expect to hear much that we didn’t already know about. Lindgren/Goodrow/Copp were clearly the most injured.

Panarin’s issues didn’t seem physical as the playoffs went on, between the ears was the problem

Panarin was definitely injured. He hurt his shoulder or something in the game against Carolina at the end of the regular season. The game where he carried the puck all around the offensive zone and deked Slavin out of his skates. Later in the game they showed him on the bench swinging his shoulders forward and wincing, then he left the game a couple of shifts later and he missed the rest of the regular season. He was never the same after that.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Panarin was definitely injured. He hurt his shoulder or something in the game against Carolina at the end of the regular season. The game where he carried the puck all around the offensive zone and deked Slavin out of his skates. Later in the game they showed him on the bench swinging his shoulders forward and wincing, then he left the game a couple of shifts later and he missed the rest of the regular season. He was never the same after that.
hence his reluctance to get in traffic which made him look slower

Are you referring to that squinting thing that he does?
Yes Igor has some serious Ticks

Reactions: Cruxial

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kreider did take a direct puck to his trachea, so there was that. Don't forget that Fox has been playing through something since February.

Nothing tops Zuccarello needing to re-learn how to speak despite being listed as day-to-day.

Thank you @The Crypto Guy as I wanted a consolidated thread to track/report.
Don't see how that would affect his "near non-existent" performance. Might have hurt as he gives his lion's roar, but wait didn't happen very often, when needed. Sorry Chris, Love ya' man, but you kind of let us down.

Funny how Reaves and Rooney aren't on that list. More so for Reaves. Played nearly every game and I'm still left wondering.....WHY?

Reactions: leetch99

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nash was clearly injured that PO he didn’t score, but afterwards they never said anything. Must have had a broken rib or something, when he fell on one side he always clumpsly rolled over to the other side before getting up. Recon it’s a ’macho’ thing to do inside the room to not recognize injuries.

Will see if we get any info.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Regardless of if he was injured in the playoffs, I hope this run lights a fire under Panarin's ass. Dude came to camp clearly out of shape, and I really think it haunted him all season. He was still a gamebreaker at times, but a diminished version of what he was the prior season, at least to my eyes.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3