Players you completely forgot were Bruins

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Shean Donovan

Jason York

Brad Boyes

Petr Kalus(who was featured in the Onion)

Bruins Sign Future Flyers All-Star To Three-Year Deal

"We look forward to obstructing Petr's development during his three frustrating years in Boston, although we certainly dread watching his much better career after he blossoms into the Flyers' top point scorer," Bruins interim GM Jeff Gorton said. "I wouldn't be surprised to see him score 30 goals in a season, many of them against us."

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Shean Donovan

Jason York

Brad Boyes

Petr Kalus(who was featured in the Onion)

Bruins Sign Future Flyers All-Star To Three-Year Deal

"We look forward to obstructing Petr's development during his three frustrating years in Boston, although we certainly dread watching his much better career after he blossoms into the Flyers' top point scorer," Bruins interim GM Jeff Gorton said. "I wouldn't be surprised to see him score 30 goals in a season, many of them against us."
I never forget Jason York was a Bruin, only because he lived in my town, and had a child playing hockey when I was on the youth hockey board. Saw him in the rink a lot. Was always taken by how regular a guy he looked. Except for his thighs - his thighs were freaking enormous (as I would guess most pro hockey players' would be).

aguineapig

Patrick Traverse was Bruin for a cup of coffee.

Really, really nice guy. When his career was down and he was a Worcester Shark he lived two doors down from me with his in laws.
Patrick was around for a few months, coming from Anaheim with the " Naz" Andrei Nazarov for Sami Pahlsson. Pahlsson also was a short timer. Coming from the Avs in the Bourque deal, he was the key piece we were told at the time. Seventeen games and one goal later he was gone Mighty fast to the Ducks in Nov 2ooo.
In February 2001 Patrick Traverse was involved in another piece of Bruin History. He was dealt to the Habs for Eric Weinrich, the last deal between the two rivals. The last two deals prior to that dated back to 1964. One of those involved a lad by the name of Dryden.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Terry Sawchuk

QllAq4f

aguineapig

My only recollection of Peter Schaefer is that he assisted on Savard's OT goal in game 3 vs Montreal in 2008 :laugh:
Was following the 1995 Draft with my Hockey News Draft Guide and listening to the sports updates on WBZ when Dan Roche comes on and says the Bruins selected Peter Schaefer with their 2nd rounder. I rummage through the guide and find his profile. Left Wing out of Brandon WHL, good skater with some offensive skills.
Sounds good we needed some help on the wing. Next half hour Roach comes back on, corrects it and says they had selected Paxton Schafer, Goalie out of Medicine Hat.
Back to the guide, good stats but real small, 5'9" 160lbs.
Ends up appearing in 3 GP for B's in 97-98. Rest of 10 year career spent in AHL, ECHL AND UHL.
Peter ends up drafted 3rd round by Canucks. Then on to Ottawa and the two dreadful years here and in Providence.
The moral of the story? Schaefer"s not the one beer to have when your having more than one.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
Was following the 1995 Draft with my Hockey News Draft Guide and listening to the sports updates on WBZ when Dan Roche comes on and says the Bruins selected Peter Schaefer with their 2nd rounder. I rummage through the guide and find his profile. Left Wing out of Brandon WHL, good skater with some offensive skills.
Sounds good we needed some help on the wing. Next half hour Roach comes back on, corrects it and says they had selected Paxton Schafer, Goalie out of Medicine Hat.
Back to the guide, good stats but real small, 5'9" 160lbs.
Ends up appearing in 3 GP for B's in 97-98. Rest of 10 year career spent in AHL, ECHL AND UHL.
Peter ends up drafted 3rd round by Canucks. Then on to Ottawa and the two dreadful years here and in Providence.
The moral of the story? Schaefer"s not the one beer to have when your having more than one.

Can we get a petition going to encourage aguineapig to write a memoir which doubles as Bruins history from a fans perspective? I really appreciate the way you weave statistical info with real life stories. Keep em' coming!

Reactions: BMC

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Tom McCarthy

Paul Boutilier

Wade Campbell

Morris Lukowich
Paul Boutilier. A reminder of the completely embarrassing free agency system that the NHL had. The Islanders signed Brian Curran, per NHL rules the league forced a trade of an "equivalent" player to the Bruins and they got Boutilier.

I remember a line brawl breaking out between the B's and Habs, and Boutilier was paired up with Nilan. I'm pretty sure Boutilier sh-- his pants right there on the ice.

aguineapig

Rick Zombo, anyone?
There was a thread last year with the title "Memories" or the like. My son had come home and I asked him if he still had his account he made years ago on this board.
He said he made two accounts Rick Zombo was one, the other one was aguineapig. I wanted to take a trip down memory lane and post about 60 some odd years of all things Bruin.
So I asked him if I could hijack his account, he had only posted a couple times here years back. Give me Rick Zombo for the user name I said, aguineapig hasn't anything to do with Hockey. Well he couldn't remember the password for Rick Zombo, so I ended up as aguineapig whatever the hell that is.

But anyway about Rick Zombo, he was pretty well done when we got him for good ole Freddy Knipscheer. One year here and done. But in a Bruin related note Zombo was once traded from Wings to Blues for 'My Cousin" Vinny Riendeau who spent two years here backing up Jon Casey and Blaine Lacher before he retired.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How about Christian Erhoff for guys that never played a regular season game for us but did play preseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad