Players you completely forgot were Bruins

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Not only did Harry sign "Pointu" prior to the 83-84 season, he also signed another sworn enemy Jim Schoenfeld as well.
But the real brouhaha was when Harry brought down the jersey of Dit Clapper from the rafters to give to Lapointe as he had worn that number during his Hab years. Now I never saw Dit Clapper play but I remember vividly how Johnny Peirson spoke of him in reverence. Johnny would refer to him as Aubrey "Dit" Clapper. First player to play twenty seasons, all with the Bruins. Wore the C from 1932 to 146. Voted to the All Star team as both forward and defenceman.
Scored 41 goals in 44 Gms as a wing in 1930, shifted to defence in 1937 and won Cups in 1939 and 1941. Also Coached Bruins, first as a player/ Coach and led B's to the finals in 1946. Was immediately inducted into Hall of Fame. THAT Number Five. It was a horrible idea and Harry took so much heat that Lapointe switched to 27 for the rest of that year after a few games.

Yeah I vaguely remember Schoenfeld, but not Lapointe. And I did not know that he got Clapper's jersey.

Jesus no GM is that stupid.

Just more evidence to support my conspiracy theory.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Steve Langdon, had the pleasure of meeting Steve and doing business with him many years ago.
He had a cup of tea with the B's in the 70's, had some very interesting stories to tell me about his days in Rochester.
Got to meet one of his best friends as well, Seawood......Jim Pettie.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Guy Lapointe was the one that came to my mind, only because of a heated argument and bet I made in the late 80's. I was so sure that Guy Lapointe never came close to playing for the Bruins I ended up making a pretty sizeable wager with a buddy, after arguing about it for the better part of a night. Keep in mind that this was well prior to cell phones or the internet, so these kinds of bets were much more interesting (and in my case, more costly) back then.

To this day I still feel that my buddy duped me, and that somebody has hacked Hockeydb.com, because Lapointe never played for the Bruins. He just didn't.

You bring back sad memories of betting on such things without really knowing shit.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Oh you are so lucky to have been there. I had recently moved to Manhattan Beach, and there was a Bruins bar called the Poopdeck right on the sand in nearby Hermosa Beach where they would play the Bruins games via one of those monster satellite dishes. That game was on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and the bar was packed, and there were a fair amount of brooms that people had brought and were carrying around. It was glorious.

Fun-fact: Tracy Lords used to frequent the Poopdeck back in the day. She must have been a Bruins fan.

Tracy Lords! Holy crap!

Was she 15?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That guy Hammond who was playing D game 5 vs Habs 1991 playoffs

what a toaster loaded with filler

I could see myself sitting there on certain shots at that game and I can’t believe the swill they had
like cory cross in 2017 against ott.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
One of my all time favorites

Stan Johnathan

Besides beating up Pierre Bouchard....

At a " roast" for I don't remember who, Johnathan, a full blooded (iirc) Tuscora Indian, stated
It's been a long time anyone from my tribe has roasted a white man.....

Loved him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad