Players you completely forgot were Bruins

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Going back over the years I genuinely have no recollection of Simon Gagne being a Bruin. It was the 2014/15 season that they ended up just missing out. He played mostly with Campbell and Paille from October-January of that year.

simon-gagne.jpg

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Gagne had nothing left in the tank, but gave him a long time to see if he could somehow regain his abilities after it was pretty clear he was cooked.

Anyway, I'll say Steve Montador.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Like this question....here’s a few good ones:

Butch Goring
Miroslav Satan
Guy Lapointe
Bernie Parent
Dave Andreychuk

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Felix Potvin
Joe Mullen (top 5 all time great American Hockey players IMHO)
Rick Tocchet
Dave Andreychuk
Don Cherry (yes, he played 1 professional game as a Bruins player)
Kevin Stevens
Paul Coffey (hated him when he was at Edmonton/Pittsburgh, hated him more after he played for Boston)
Brian Lawton (first US player ever drafted #1 in the NHL draft....how'd that work out)
.....and Mr Male Pattern Baldness.......Al Iafrate (dude, wear a helmet)

Two Really good Russians:
Sergei Gonchar
Alexei Kasatonov

Two Players who went on to win a ton of Cups with the 80s Oiler Dynasties:
Mike Krushelnyski (honestly can't remember him ever being a B, but he was)
Craig McTavish

Marty McSorley (black stain on the franchise)

Last edited:
Reactions: Orr Fourever

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Most of these are guys I would never think of when you mention past Bruins teams, but once you say their name you remember them. Like, "oh yeah, Stephane Yelle was on the 2009 team, I forgot about him." But looking through the rosters of teams, even as recent as the past ten years, there are some people that I flat out have no recollection of, even though I was watching at the time.

Some guy named Drew Larman played 4 games in the 2010 season, and I have no idea who that is. Someone named Guillaume Lefebvre also played a game that year, I'm completely blanking. 2013 had Aaron Johnson and Jamie Tardif, both of whom I'm not remembering or barely remembering. Johnson played ten games that year, and only vaguely do I remember that. 2014 had a Nick Johnson, and I think I remember that just because the name was the same as a baseball player, but I only remember the name and not the player.

Some cup of coffee guys I do remember well though, like Bobby Robins. Only played three games, but he left an impression. Or guys like Gemel Smith or Rob O'Gara, I remember them.

Other things pop out that surprise me. Like J-M Liles played two seasons here, I'd thought he was just here for a half-year after a deadline trade, but he came back the following season. And apparently JFK played 28 games last year? That's a third of the season, didn't feel like it. And I remember when we got Jay Pandolfo as a fill-in at the end of his career, but I didn't remember that that was the 2013 team that made it to the finals. I figured it was like 2015 or 2016.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
And I remember when we got Jay Pandolfo as a fill-in at the end of his career, but I didn't remember that that was the 2013 team that made it to the finals. I figured it was like 2015 or 2016.

It’s criminal how bad the crap Chiarelli brought in after 2011 was. Mike freaking Mottau more than a decade after he left BC and did nothing in the NHL the entire time was one of them. Pandolfo Bourque Dogavins etc were his choices for role players to put next to an amazing core with future HOFers in their primes. Rolston vs 2.0 was awful.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It’s criminal how bad the crap Chiarelli brought in after 2011 was. Mike freaking Mottau more than a decade after he left BC and did nothing in the NHL the entire time was one of them. Pandolfo Bourque Dogavins etc were his choices for role players to put next to an amazing core with future HOFers in their primes. Rolston vs 2.0 was awful.

Don't forget how badly he f***ed up the cap too. A grossly overpaid Peter Schaefer anyone, with a large side of Manny Fernandez?

Reactions: bbfan419

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

Rolston played surprisingly well in his 2nd stint. People thought he was washed up, but I remember him making an impact. Looking back at the stats, 15 pointsnin 21 games as a deadline pickup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->