Value of: Players Minnesota should consider trading for, and what you’d give up for them

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well we could give up someone like Bratt or Quennville for Zucker or Niedereitter
Bratt had a good year at a very young age and Quenneville had good production in the AHL, but I don't see either of those guys helping us all that much. They won't be the better players next year and in the long term we have forward prospects that are probably of the same tier.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
How would Wild fans feel about Nino and Spurgeon with 1 mil retained for Kessel and Oleksiak?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The Penguins trading Kessel doesn't make any sense to me. Regardless, that deal would be very bad for Minnesota.

It would precipitate a deal for Skinner.

Thought it might appeal to the Wild if they were looking for a gamebreaking forward. If not, that's cool.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Don't you have Coyle as your 3C? He's not a C... I could be wrong but to me you need a 3C and Tierney is a great option for that.

Even if we did need a 3C, we wouldn’t trade any of those three guys for one.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Bratt had a good year at a very young age and Quenneville had good production in the AHL, but I don't see either of those guys helping us all that much. They won't be the better players next year and in the long term we have forward prospects that are probably of the same tier.
Well it's good depth to have or we can give Zacha in the package as well

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well it's good depth to have or we can give Zacha in the package as well
It's good depth that we already have, though. Either way you don't trade a top-6 LW for good depth.

I've said it before but, as much as I like what Zacha has the potential to be, I don't think I'd want him as the centerpiece in a trade. Unless you mean something like Nino for Bratt/Quenneville + Zacha, which is.... more interesting. I don't know the Devils' players well enough to weigh in too strongly on that one, but I don't hate it conceptually.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think the leafs want dumba, mostly because he doesn't really drive the play. I get the feeling the leafs will be looking for cheaper options to adress the right side of their defense rather than trade away a big core piece. The value just doesn't seem to be there you know?
Makes me wonder if you have watched Dumba at all. He is all about taking over a game. The problem with him in the past that sometimes he does it for the other team.
He has cut down the mistakes recently, and the hope is that he limits them even more as he matures.

Saying he doesn’t drive the play is flat out wrong.

Reactions: MFSUPERVILL4IN

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Philly isn't a match if you are looking for Couts or Patrick for reasons others have posted.

Most Flyers fans actually want to be sellers on Simmonds...or use picks/2nd tier prospects(Not Frost, Hart, Myers or Farabee) to add middle line depth.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Okay. What sort of a return are you looking at for these players? What is Minny looking for in general?
About all we know is that Fenton's almost definitely not looking for futures. If the Arizona trade rumor was accurate he's at least open to trading for younger players with high potential that haven't peaked yet, but I think they still need to have some sort of NHL resumé.

Considering the age of guys like Staal, Koivu, Parise, Suter and Dubnyk, trading for anyone more than a year or two older than whoever we're sending out would be a mistake.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
About all we know is that Fenton's almost definitely not looking for futures. If the Arizona trade rumor was accurate he's at least open to trading for younger players with high potential that haven't peaked yet, but I think they still need to have some sort of NHL resumé.

Considering the age of guys like Staal, Koivu, Parise, Suter and Dubnyk, trading for anyone more than a year or two older than whoever we're sending out would be a mistake.

Thanks.

I missed the AZ rumour. Who were you targeting?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Thanks.

I missed the AZ rumour. Who were you targeting?

The rumored deal was Dvorak and Domi for Zucker, Nino and Ennis, but we don't have any context so it's hard to say who was doing the targeting. Chayka denies Dvorak was ever mentioned; Russo insists the deal was close to happening.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The rumored deal was Dvorak and Domi for Zucker, Nino and Ennis, but we don't have any context so it's hard to say who was doing the targeting. Chayka denies Dvorak was ever mentioned; Russo insists the deal was close to happening.

Ah, gotcha. I thought Minny may be going in more of an established "needle mover" direction to maximize their present core.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What would the Wild offer for Pacioretty?

Though Bergevin usually sticks to 1 for 1 deals, what could a package look like say for:

Brodin or Coyle or even Eriksson Ek.

1 of those players in a package for Pacioretty with pieces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad