Value of: Players Minnesota should consider trading for, and what you’d give up for them

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
From the quick game here and there I saw, Minnesota needs an extra top 4 D-man, in addition to some firepower.

Erik Karlsson? Minnesota has almost 10M in cap space, which might be enough. He would bring some extra scoring, but maybe some trade could be done in addition. But looking at the contracts Minnesota has... holy shiznit, are they screwed! Aging, overpaid and filled with NMC/NTCs. It appears only Coyle and Foligno are some cruft that could be removed.

Well we had one of the highest scoring blue lines in the NHL last year, and if spurgeon hadn’t gotten hurt we would’ve finished #1, so no need for a defensmen actually.

Suter-spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Seeler-Pateryn
Soucy-Prosser
Oloffson-Murphy

We are pretty deep on defense, with 10 players who can pass as an NHL defender.

And as for the cap space, Where are you getting 10 million from? If I remember correctly we have something like 14.2 million, which really equates to 13.2 million if you fill third line left wing with Greenway(which is almost Garunteed at this point). Of that space, 11ish million will be eaten up by Dumba/Zucker.

So no space for Karlsson.

I don’t even want to touch on your view of the contracts.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah, that comment will lead to a productive discussion. Nice.
Minnesota should be rebuilding in the midst of the core they are currently running now.
I don't see them trading a guy like Dumba or Eriksson-Ek for example. This should be the part of their next wave.
Also you have to understand that Toronto isn't interested in picks or prospects either. The GM just said that Nylander is getting signed and not being traded. So it would take a massive, massive overpayment to pry Nylander loose. One that I can't see teams making. So it would start with something we as other fans value most on your team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad