Player Discussion: Nikita Tryamkin | IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
People need to try and get over assigning blame for why he went back. Bottom line is he can make easy money in Russia and hes more comfortable there. Hes playing in front of 4,000 people in his home country making a couple of million dollars. Nothing wrong with that.

The problem is if it was this simple then why would he go out of his way to call out the management and coaching staff?

0din

Mar 8, 2016
It is just some fans can't understand the desire to play, improve and meet expectations vs making money. Big T honestly didn't understand ice time deployment, he viewed reduced ice time with making mistakes, but he wasn't told why he was being sat, he wasn't being coached.
He and the Canucks signed a contract, to him as it is for most Europeans, that means something, except some how it got "leaked" that he would not go the AHL, as it was in his contract and then Canuck management didn't do anything to refute allegations against him, he felt abandoned and that management had no honor.
His wife loved Vancouver much more than the village in Russia.

Once this dis-honorable management group is gone he might come back but it is almost assured this management group will trade his rights to the Penquins for a 7th round pick or something stupid.

They will trade his rights for a little as possible, maybe just "future considerations" like a 37 year old AHL player in his retirement year that is paid 2+million. Something stupid like that.

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
It is just some fans can't understand the desire to play, improve and meet expectations vs making money. Big T honestly didn't understand ice time deployment, he viewed reduced ice time with making mistakes, but he wasn't told why he was being sat, he wasn't being coached.
He and the Canucks signed a contract, to him as it is for most Europeans, that means something, except some how it got "leaked" that he would not go the AHL, as it was in his contract and then Canuck management didn't do anything to refute allegations against him, he felt abandoned and that management had no honor.
His wife loved Vancouver much more than the village in Russia.

Once this dis-honorable management group is gone he might come back but it is almost assured this management group will trade his rights to the Penquins for a 7th round pick or something stupid.

They will trade his rights for a little as possible, maybe just "future considerations" like a 37 year old AHL player in his retirement year that is paid 2+million. Something stupid like that.

You got to be kidding me. We have other players on this team, like Rodin that specifically chose this team to fulfill a great desire to make it in the NHL. The reason he left, is because he doesn't have a great desire to make in the NHL, he'd rather be comfortable in Russia. The crap he said were just excuses to hide the real reason why he bolted. Simple as that.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
would be great not to bump this thread too much unless it's to announce he is coming back. i find it a big let down to check new posts here.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
People need to try and get over assigning blame for why he went back. Bottom line is he can make easy money in Russia and hes more comfortable there. Hes playing in front of 4,000 people in his home country making a couple of million dollars. Nothing wrong with that.

That's certainly something people could do. :nod:

And if that's the bottom line then that's the bottom line.

I guess I should hold off on getting that Goldobin jersey then?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Why? Unless you think he's never coming back people should still be interested in how he progresses over in the KHL. He isn't coming back for at least 2 years it sounds like so just ignore the thread for 2 years if you can't handle the suspense.

With DAZN carrying KHL games I may even catch a game or two of his this year.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Maybe an ex-Canuck thread or catch all thread. This is a painful chapter, so I can understand why people don’t want years of daily reminders of what could’ve been

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
ygOK0Bh.png

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
He's not coming back. Give me a break. Move on.

I'm pretty sure he's coming back at some point. He wasn't going to be a tweener here in Vancouver and was projecting to be a very good player. There are very high end players who could be stars in the NHL who elect to stay there. Even Radulov couldn't help himself from coming back. And now there are reports that Kovalchuk is coming back after this season.

There are many players over there who are very good KHL players who wouldn't amount to much here, or tried to play here and weren't very good.

I suspect that the competitive nature in him being an Athlete will make him want to come back eventually.

I don't think the money in the KHL is really the excuse either. Many of those players aren't getting paid for months at a time and besides a few of the players, the average player salary there is not that great compared to the NHL. The way players are treated is not as great either. If things were so great, we'd see the exodus of players to the KHL that everyone said would happen. Instead a few players went and many of them (IE: Jagr) came back if they get an opportunity.

The KHL is a league for fringe NHL'ers or where players who are well past their prime are taken out to pasture to end their playing days.

The KHL is the CFL of hockey...

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
I'm pretty sure he's coming back at some point. He wasn't going to be a tweener here in Vancouver and was projecting to be a very good player. There are very high end players who could be stars in the NHL who elect to stay there. Even Radulov couldn't help himself from coming back. And now there are reports that Kovalchuk is coming back after this season.

There are many players over there who are very good KHL players who wouldn't amount to much here, or tried to play here and weren't very good.

I suspect that the competitive nature in him being an Athlete will make him want to come back eventually.

I don't think the money in the KHL is really the excuse either. Many of those players aren't getting paid for months at a time and besides a few of the players, the average player salary there is not that great compared to the NHL. The way players are treated is not as great either. If things were so great, we'd see the exodus of players to the KHL that everyone said would happen. Instead a few players went and many of them (IE: Jagr) came back if they get an opportunity.

The KHL is a league for fringe NHL'ers or where players who are well past their prime are taken out to pasture to end their playing days.

The KHL is the CFL of hockey...

Thats a good comparison.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver

I think if that drove him he'd never have left, really. His return seemed to be predicated largely by culture divide and homesickness, and that's not something that the passage of time is going to remedy. If anything he'll likely just put down even deeper roots where he is.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
it is reasonable to question how long his cheques will clear in the khl. he's probably been offered more than khl market to induce him to come home. how long will they honour that.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Some of you are brain dead. He was not happy here. His wife was not happy here. Willie failed to communicate with him. He didn't understand why he was not getting more minutes. He simply decided he would rather play in Russia for a couple of years. Probably will make more money, and will get to play in the Olympics. I can't see why anyone would say he wasn't making the right decision for everyone but the Canucks. And even for them, we are not competing for the SC in any form for a couple of years. Tryamkin not being here probably helps any concept of rebuild.

I hope he gets a great contract in a couple of years. We could actually be a contender by then, and he should get a pretty impressive contract. Horvat type money.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Some of you are brain dead. He was not happy here. His wife was not happy here. Willie failed to communicate with him. He didn't understand why he was not getting more minutes. He simply decided he would rather play in Russia for a couple of years. Probably will make more money, and will get to play in the Olympics. I can't see why anyone would say he wasn't making the right decision for everyone but the Canucks. And even for them, we are not competing for the SC in any form for a couple of years. Tryamkin not being here probably helps any concept of rebuild.

I hope he gets a great contract in a couple of years. We could actually be a contender by then, and he should get a pretty impressive contract. Horvat type money.

What, you know the guy? You talked to his wife? You know that he didn't completely sour on the team and will return because...how exactly?

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
it is reasonable to question how long his cheques will clear in the khl. he's probably been offered more than khl market to induce him to come home. how long will they honour that.

He's no Kovy or anyone who profile. So, his earnings aren't in the Radulov territory.

He had to play out his ELC, like every other player, including Panarin and Zaitsev who due to being older passed up more money to play 1 ELC year. But, now has a 7 year contract with the Leafs. Panarin is now at $6 million per.

Trayamkin was set to sign a post ELC deal. Something around a 2 year deal worth between $1.5 to $2 million annually would have been my best bet as to what he could have gotten here. But, he opted for the KHL.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Ya. The reality is that there is a big difference between how hockey is played in Russia and how hockey is played in the NHL. A lot of Russian players come here and don't get why NHL hockey is like that. Even if you discount the fact that Tryamkin didn't get why he had to sit all those games to start the year or that he didn't get why he didn't get more minutes when his play clearly wanted it. He also didn't get why he had to fight after throwing a clean hit.

What, you know the guy? You talked to his wife? You know that he didn't completely sour on the team and will return because...how exactly?

Why did you think he came to play in the NHL? Russian hockey players do think the NHL is the best league in the world and wants to show that he can play in the best league in the world. Tryamkin hasn't exactly proven himself in the NHL. Best guess would be that the desire is still there.

Besides there is a new coach and there may be a new GM by the time Tryamkin wants to come back. But I don't think Benning is the problem. Benning has been pretty good in convincing guys to come over. He probably could have convinced Koltsov if he was here earlier.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Ya. The reality is that there is a big difference between how hockey is played in Russia and how hockey is played in the NHL. A lot of Russian players come here and don't get why NHL hockey is like that. Even if you discount the fact that Tryamkin didn't get why he had to sit all those games to start the year or that he didn't get why he didn't get more minutes when his play clearly wanted it. He also didn't get why he had to fight after throwing a clean hit.

Why did you think he came to play in the NHL? Russian hockey players do think the NHL is the best league in the world and wants to show that he can play in the best league in the world. Tryamkin hasn't exactly proven himself in the NHL. Best guess would be that the desire is still there.

Besides there is a new coach and there may be a new GM by the time Tryamkin wants to come back. But I don't think Benning is the problem. Benning has been pretty good in convincing guys to come over. He probably could have convinced Koltsov if he was here earlier.

Wow. It's impressive how you can cram so much utter crap in one post.

One, they have access to google in Russia. Russians can find out everything there is to know about the NHL with the push of a button, just like everyone else on the planet. Tryamkin knew who drafted him. It's not as if he got off a plane and stared around in complete incomprehension. He has an agent, you know.

"Best guess is the desire is still there"...uh, no. The best guess is the desire is to play in Russia because that's what he decided to do after one season and a bit here. That's going on what Tryamkin has done, not what you guess he's thinking.

And Benning could have probably convinced Koltsov if he was here earlier. Uh-huh. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure he could have.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Wow. It's impressive how you can cram so much utter crap in one post.

One, they have access to google in Russia. Russians can find out everything there is to know about the NHL with the push of a button, just like everyone else on the planet. Tryamkin knew who drafted him. It's not as if he got off a plane and stared around in complete incomprehension. He has an agent, you know.

"Best guess is the desire is still there"...uh, no. The best guess is the desire is to play in Russia because that's what he decided to do after one season and a bit here. That's going on what Tryamkin has done, not what you guess he's thinking.

And Benning could have probably convinced Koltsov if he was here earlier. Uh-huh. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure he could have.

Wow. :help:

Plenty of Russian hockey players have said that they don't understand/agree with the way the NHL game is played. You can google this. [mod]

Plenty of Russian hockey players who are at least above average KHL players have said that they want to play in the NHL because they think it is the best league in the world. You can google this if you're smart enough.

Tryamkin wanted to play in the NHL and came over partly because Benning gave him an European assignment clause.

As for Koltsov, he has been a good in Russia for years and at least earlier in his career did want to play in the NHL. How many European assignment clauses have Benning allegedly gave out? He convinced Rodin to come back, Tryamkin to come over, and Larsen to come back as well. You think Benning wouldn't have tried convincing Koltsov to come over by giving him an European assignment clause?

Benning has shown an ability to convince players the team owns rights to to come over and try to earn a spot. Feel free to argue otherwise. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad