Player Discussion: Nikita Tryamkin | IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0din

Mar 8, 2016
What, you know the guy? You talked to his wife? You know that he didn't completely sour on the team and will return because...how exactly?

Yes, I have several Russian friends. A tight community.

This guy wears his heart on his sleeve and is an honest, emotional and honorable man. Not highly educated as you might guess. His word is his honor. He needed the team to "help" him off the ice and didn't get it. He needed more attention because he didn't understand a lot of what was being told him and he was too proud to complain.

MANAGEMENT, what is it? What is their job? They couldn't be bothered to help off ice.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008

This guy wears his heart on his sleeve and is an honest, emotional and honorable man. Not highly educated as you might guess. His word is his honor. He needed the team to "help" him off the ice and didn't get it. He needed more attention because he didn't understand a lot of what was being told him and he was too proud to complain.

MANAGEMENT, what is it? What is their job? They couldn't be bothered to help off ice.

All about honor huh...why don't you just call him and see how he is doing?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Wow. :help:

Plenty of Russian hockey players have said that they don't understand/agree with the way the NHL game is played. You can google this. [mod]

Plenty of Russian hockey players who are at least above average KHL players have said that they want to play in the NHL because they think it is the best league in the world. You can google this if you're smart enough.

Tryamkin wanted to play in the NHL and came over partly because Benning gave him an European assignment clause.

As for Koltsov, he has been a good in Russia for years and at least earlier in his career did want to play in the NHL. How many European assignment clauses have Benning allegedly gave out? He convinced Rodin to come back, Tryamkin to come over, and Larsen to come back as well. You think Benning wouldn't have tried convincing Koltsov to come over by giving him an European assignment clause?

Benning has shown an ability to convince players the team owns rights to to come over and try to earn a spot. Feel free to argue otherwise. :popcorn:

Let's see:

Russians don't understand/agree with the game as it's played here, but they want to play here because it's the best league in the world? You just contradicted yourself.

What does this have to do with European assignment clauses? Rodin had his agent flood the Canucks with pleas to come back and play, Benning didn't do **** about it. Which you'd know if you had any idea what you're talking about which as usual you don't.

Look it up, idiot.

*edit* Now that I reread this, Larsen didn't need to be "convinced" to come back any more than Holm did, they just waited until someone was stupid enough to offer them another NHL deal. They weren't exiles of choice or anything, they just weren't good enough for any other NHL team but this one.

God...

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

That answers literally nothing that I asked.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think some previous posters were right....Tryamkin probably wanted a shot to play for Russia in the Winter Olympics next spring....after that, he'll be back.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
I think some previous posters were right....Tryamkin probably wanted a shot to play for Russia in the Winter Olympics next spring....after that, he'll be back.

Tryamkin has great potential,but he certainly can't be a lock for team Russia..?..That's quite the gamble to blow off an NHL career for a single shot of playing in the Olympics (which,without NHL players will barely be an afterthought).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tryamkin has great potential,but he certainly can't be a lock for team Russia..?..That's quite the gamble to blow off an NHL career for a single shot of playing in the Olympics (which,without NHL players will barely be an afterthought).

You could be right, but with NHL players not going to South Korea, he probably figured this might his best shpt at playing for Team Russia and winning a gold medal.....we underestimate how important this is to Russian hockey players....An Olympic gold hockey medal is their 'Stanley Cup".

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Lindenning may have bought themselves another year by waiting until the end of the season to fire Willie, but it seems like that decision helped drive Tryamkin away.

Edit:

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
After these comments I think Benning might toss his rights in a future trade as a sweetener.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Tough to parse those comments about Vancouver. I hope the translation is a bit muddled and he's not referring to the DTES.

If he's making an innocent comment about weed it comes off a lot differently imo.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
xgiWap0.png

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Jimbo shoots himself in the foot again.

Picks Tryamkin 66th overall
u0QnjHv.gif

Hires minor league coach that effs everything up
EUHREaS.gif

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Boy... too bad for those users that ignored this thread.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad