Player Discussion: Nikita Tryamkin | IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I get the impression that Tryamkin is attached to Russia in the same way Shane Doan was attached to Phoenix. The wife wouldn't leave. Unless something changes there I think it's going to be tough to get him out of there.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I get the impression that Tryamkin is attached to Russia in the same way Shane Doan was attached to Phoenix. The wife wouldn't leave. Unless something changes there I think it's going to be tough to get him out of there.

Play significantly fewer games in front of your own hometown - can't blame a guy for placing a higher priority on that (as well as it doesn't completely shut-out the NHL option at a future date).

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
There is the sustainability of the KHL itself as an X-factor... I mean, I assume it is largely a money-laundering operation or Ponzi scheme or a little of both, because I can't see where the player salaries are coming from... but they may not always be there.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
If he was a powerforward instead of a dman that drove to the net a lot, he'd be pretty scary for defenders to play against.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
If he was a powerforward instead of a dman that drove to the net a lot, he'd be pretty scary for defenders to play against.

How about we change your statement to:

It would be pretty effing scary to defend against 6'7 265lb person driving toward your net.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As a Canuck fan it's enough to make you want to cry....but then I remember there was a video making the rounds of Philip Larsen going to coast-to-coast in a KHL game....but still hope Tryamkin is back in the NHL someday.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i hope he is lights out all season. if he cranks out 70 points in the khl that will allow us to pay him the $3 million he wants.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
i hope he is lights out all season. if he cranks out 70 points in the khl that will allow us to pay him the $3 million he wants.

He will be a 5 million dollar plus d man someday. Likely will develop better there offensively with pp time. He has the most potential of any Canuck dman I have ever seen play. He is still improving rapidly. Biggest surprise than disappointment of Benning era. Not sure how you get Hutton signed but somehow have Tryamkin walk. Bet they could of gotten a lot for him. edmontons gm was bragging him up. hope he is back in 2 years team can buy out his last year in Russia.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Trade Tryamkin for Nichushkin. :) Then we can all sit back and laugh at the threads of Horvat or Nuke.

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
This guy isn't coming back, or if he is and is doing as well as a bunch of you think, he won't sign with the canucks

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
This article leads me to believe otherwise

"As long as the Canucks provide Tryamkin with a qualifying offer prior to the June 27th deadline, they will retain his NHL rights until he were to become an UFA. That means that Canucks will retain the Yekaterinburg native’s rights until July 1, 2022."

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This article leads me to believe otherwise

"As long as the Canucks provide Tryamkin with a qualifying offer prior to the June 27th deadline, they will retain his NHL rights until he were to become an UFA. That means that Canucks will retain the Yekaterinburg native’s rights until July 1, 2022."

Looks like you're right, things are different between the KHL and European leagues. Still, if he wants to spend 4-years in the KHL before coming back to the NHL that's likely going to cost him money. He'd do better to play out his current KHL deal and then come back on a one year deal, to set himself off for a larger contract sooner.

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
he'll be 28, 29 when the season starts, that's pretty prime years for a dman. If he turns out as well as people in here think he will I don't think he;ll lack for offers

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
he'll be 28, 29 when the season starts, that's pretty prime years for a dman. If he turns out as well as people in here think he will I don't think he;ll lack for offers

Yes, but that requires extra KHL time where he may make less money. He can likely get higher career earnings by getting back to the NHL sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad