Player Discussion: Nikita Tryamkin | IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Here's my title suggestion Nikita "secretly a Sbisa discussion thread" Tryamkin ;)

Anyway, I scenery hope that Tryamkin doesn't go the way of the corrado if he has a bad camp.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Here's my title suggestion Nikita "secretly a Sbisa discussion thread" Tryamkin ;)

Anyway, I scenery hope that Tryamkin doesn't go the way of the corrado if he has a bad camp.

Edmonton would take him and he'd become the next Chara for them while haunting us for 15~ years. #CanuckLuck.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Edmonton would take him and he'd become the next Chara for them while haunting us for 15~ years. #CanuckLuck.

Tryamkin is a player who I think has a chance to be a total package. He is still young, skates well, large body and great attitude. The reason this thread starts discussing sbisa is because everyone wants him gone to make sure they don;t do something stupid with Try. I think in 3 or 4 years he's going to be a stud.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I honestly believe this year Tryamkin will show that he's a top 4 with top 2 potential.

He's bigger, faster and I believe, better defensively than Gudbranson. I think by the end of the season, people will look at Tryamkin as the second best right side d-man on the team, just behind Tanev.

You can quote me now and repost the message in 6 years to either laugh at me or say "Wow, nailed it". I think this kid is going to be a star on this team and one of the best shut down dmen in the entire league.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I honestly believe this year Tryamkin will show that he's a top 4 with top 2 potential.

He's bigger, faster and I believe, better defensively than Gudbranson. I think by the end of the season, people will look at Tryamkin as the second best right side d-man on the team, just behind Tanev.

You can quote me now and repost the message in 6 years to either laugh at me or say "Wow, nailed it". I think this kid is going to be a star on this team and one of the best shut down dmen in the entire league.

I think he will be a top 4 Dman in the late 2nd half of the season or next year. He has a good reach.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Defenseman.

6'7", 230lbs.

Has a reach so big, he can pick his nose in the penalty box with his left hand and steal gum out of the coach's pocket with his right.

Went out against Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Anthony Stewart, shoved them all down after the whistle like CareBears.

Comes from a country so insane and hardcore, their President is what Trump fantasizes himself to be.

Nikita Tryamkin.

THIS is the man. Women want him. Men want to be him.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
I don't even know what I expect from him this year. It's all up to his training, really. He's got incredible potential, but I've never seen a player in worse condition at the end of the season. Visibly exhausted at the end of every shift. Barely able to keep up with practices. Had to be physically pushed and pulled through team exercises before last season.

I'm really hoping he spent the majority of the of season just working on conditioning. It's holding him back more than anything else at this point.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I don't even know what I expect from him this year. It's all up to his training, really. He's got incredible potential, but I've never seen a player in worse condition at the end of the season. Visibly exhausted at the end of every shift. Barely able to keep up with practices. Had to be physically pushed and pulled through team exercises before last season.

I'm really hoping he spent the majority of the of season just working on conditioning. It's holding him back more than anything else at this point.

And its fixable. And oh, of is not off. Anyhow, this is a young man (22) and the Canucks should be investing whatever assets he needs into giving him every chance. A conditioning coach. Someone to ensure he is comfortable in Vancouver, making sure his expenses are not overwhelming him, because he will be wealthy one day, but get him there this year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Wow!....I love your optimism...but better than Gudbranson?....if that turns out to be the case then sacrificing McCann and a high second rounder for him is going to turn out like the Cam Neely deal for the Canucks.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Wow!....I love your optimism...but better than Gudbranson?....if that turns out to be the case then sacrificing McCann and a high second rounder for him is going to turn out like the Cam Neely deal for the Canucks.

I wasn't as big on McCann to be honest and don't mind the deal. I think Tryamkin is going to come into his own over the next couple of years. He's going to be able to do things with relative ease. Remember, he's actually extremely mobile, and with his size and strength he's going to be able to muscle or knock people off the puck with relative easy.

I will say this, I don't think he's any worse than Gudbranson.

I do stand by my opinion that Tryamkin will be higher on the depth chart in 1-2 years.

With Tryamkin, Juolevi and Stretcher coming in as young players, I would not be shocked to see the Canucks move Edler at this years deadline.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I wasn't as big on McCann to be honest and don't mind the deal. I think Tryamkin is going to come into his own over the next couple of years. He's going to be able to do things with relative ease. Remember, he's actually extremely mobile, and with his size and strength he's going to be able to muscle or knock people off the puck with relative easy.

I will say this, I don't think he's any worse than Gudbranson.

I do stand by my opinion that Tryamkin will be higher on the depth chart in 1-2 years.

With Tryamkin, Juolevi and Stretcher coming in as young players, I would not be shocked to see the Canucks move Edler at this years deadline.

I'd be shocked if Edler waives, even if we did want to move him. And if he did, he'd probably give us 2 locations to chose from which would all but guarantee a pointless return. I think we all need to forget the idea of trading Edler, we wouldn't get enough assets back anyways to warrant it unless Edler decided he didn't care where he plays.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I'd be shocked if Edler waives, even if we did want to move him. And if he did, he'd probably give us 2 locations to chose from which would all but guarantee a pointless return. I think we all need to forget the idea of trading Edler, we wouldn't get enough assets back anyways to warrant it unless Edler decided he didn't care where he plays.

We don't have anyone to replace him anyway. Joulevi isn't going to be thrust onto the first pairing at 19, even 2nd pairing is a big stretch, just to young and untested.

Stecher is RH so not competition for Edler.

Tryamkin prefers the RS. It is possible he switches though but 3rd pairing. Maybe in two or three years but then he'll have to get past Hutton and joulevi if he wants to be a top 4. RS would be easier.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

So next year or two

Edler Tanev
Hutton Tryamkin
Joulevi Stecher
Gudbranson

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
So next year or two

Edler Tanev
Hutton Tryamkin
Joulevi Stecher
Gudbranson

Wait a minute. First round pick McCann and a high draft pick were traded for a #7 backup D-man? I've been reading post after post claiming he will be at least a #3 and even a #2. What happened all of a sudden? We haven't even seen Gudbranson on Vancouver ice and after 3 meaningless Young Stars games Tryamkin has become #4 while Stecher and Juolevi have also passed him by relegating him to a #7 backup role.

I get the sarcasm here, but that is exactly what it would come to if all the latest hype about the young D-men were to come to fruition.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Wait a minute. First round pick McCann and a high draft pick were traded for a #7 backup D-man? I've been reading post after post claiming he will be at least a #3 and even a #2. What happened all of a sudden? You haven't even seen Gudbranson on Vancouver ice and after 3 meaningless Young Stars games Tryamkin has become #4 while Stecher and Juolevi have also passed him by relegating him to a #7 backup role.

Just working off uhmkay's projection. If it works out like that, then that could be the lineup in say two years. Definitely not this year, joulevi is going Juniors, Stecher to the AHL and Tryamkin is not a top 4 yet.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Just working off uhmkay's projection. If it works out like that, then that could be the lineup in s ay two years. Definitely not this year.

See my previous post. It was edited and agrees with this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad