GDT: Play-In Thing - Game #1: Columbus @ Toronto - 8pm | SN | Series Tied 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Elvis played 33 games with a .924 save percentage and Korpi played 37 with a .911. I am using stats everyone should feel safe and comfortable with. Opinions are awesome. Totally cool. The facts are that Merzlikins had a better season lol.
Elvis was extremely streaky this year. Had a 14 game stretch where he was 12-2 with a 1.50 GAA and a .953 SV%. In the rest of his games he was 1-7-8 with a 2.63 GAA and an .894 SV%. Perhaps he just felt Korpisalo was more consistent throughout the year.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I wish our lineup had as much expierence. Our defense has no teeth either :)
Muzzin, Ceci, and Holl are all more physical than anybody not named Savard on the Blue Jackets defense. Unless we're afraid of Gavrikov, upping his physical game, the rest of their defense doesn't make a lot of contact.

Really outside of Jenner, Foligno, and Savard, the rest of their lineup is about as physical as Kapanen.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I wish our lineup had as much expierence. Our defense has no teeth either :)
we're gonna get that experience tonight my brother... feeling good... feeling confident
This entire post raises so many questions..
the only questioning will be my sexuality after tonight.... may baby Jesus be with me and show me the way

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I like how Keefe is willing to give the best player who put in the effort a shot, like Robertsson

Envgall has done nothing last 15 games including the pre-season game.
Babcock would have loved is Pro-Ness and 6'5 every shift height and just kept him there

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'll be watching the game with three 50+ year old women that are die hard Leaf fans and extremely sexually frustrated... may Jesus give me strength and GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!

good to know at that age there is still interest in lovin'

at least when (hopefully) i get to that age it won't be just bingo for me LOL

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
this is poor reasoning;

so if a team beats someone in the regular season then they should be a shoe in for the playoff series win against the same opponent lol
Nothing is a "shoe in" in hockey, especially when looking at past single game outcomes. But a person's past stats over a relevant sample give a lot of insight into the quality of player and their strengths and weaknesses, and that informs what can be expected from their future play and production.

Sherpaderp

Feb 9, 2019
worked 14 hours laying floor yesterday and slept until 1:30pm today. Get on my level, plebs.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I like how Keefe is willing to give the best player who put in the effort a shot, like Robertsson

Envgall has done nothing last 15 games including the pre-season game.
Babcock would have loved is Pro-Ness and 6'5 every shift height and just kept him there
It is nice to see. Nothing wrong with giving guys chances when they have earned it.

On the other hand...it's a mixed bag for Dubas. He signs Engvall to a premature contract extension and now he can't even crack the lineup. But a player his team drafted is making the lineup in a hurry so that's good.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
4-2 Leafs! Auston 2x, Tavares & Willy, 3 assists by Mitch.

Hopefully Elvis is playing... AM scored 3 in 4 games against him back in his daysvin the NLA! :naughty: Korpisalo got both starts this season, but Elvis was pretty good in 2020 (like I know him from the NLA)... unfortunately...(there are not many things more satisfying to see in hockey than a frustrated Merzlikins, what a POS!) Usually I like the CBJ, but I can't stand this tool.

Anyway, let's focus on our team and hope we'll beat them! GO LEAFS GO!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It is nice to see. Nothing wrong with giving guys chances when they have earned it.

On the other hand...it's a mixed bag for Dubas. He signs Engvall to a premature contract extension and now he can't even crack the lineup. But a player his team drafted is making the lineup in a hurry so that's good.

I think Engvall has a very good upside. I think the signing will be a good one.
He'll be a depth player for the Leafs. He needs to learn how to use his size a bit more.

In this series, we need players who are willing to get engage. Engvall looked rather disinterested in last 15 games or so
but the raw skills are there

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
If we don't at least win this series I will never, ever live it down. To ''finish'' the season in a playoff spot but still not end up in the playoffs because of losing a once-in-a-lifetime play-in tournament... My Habs and Bruins fan friends must already be working on their memes and chirp texts. ESPECIALLY if the Habs end up beating Pittsburgh and get in. Good lord I might have to pack my family and move away.

PLEASE DON'T BLOW IT LEAFS

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
If we don't at least win this series I will never, ever live it down. To ''finish'' the season in a playoff spot but still not end up in the playoffs because of losing a once-in-a-lifetime play-in tournament... My Habs and Bruins fan friends must already be working on their memes and chirp texts. ESPECIALLY if the Habs end up beating Pittsburgh and get in. Good lord I might have to pack my family and move away.

PLEASE DON'T BLOW IT LEAFS

You’re a true die hard, bleed blue, leaf fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad