Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Players to Watch:

nick-robertson-toronto-maple-leafs-1-scaled.jpg

TOR - Nick Robertson

Nick Robertson has been quite the story since being drafted in the second round, about 13 months ago. Despite falling in the draft, largely due to his size, the young player went on to have one of the best seasons in the entire CHL, with 55 goals and 86 points in just 46 games for the OHL’s Peterborough Petes. Upon the re-start of NHL training camps, he became the talk to the city, and it quickly became apparent that Robertson was inside the top 12 forwards on the team. In the lone exhibition game against Montreal, he played just under 11 minutes and had an assist. The power of the Maple Leafs team in the top six goes without saying, however if Nick Robertson can help bolster the Leafs bottom 6 productivity, and perhaps make the second powerplay unit a bit more dangerous, it could help cement the Leafs forward depth as one primed for a deep run.

Seth-Jones-full-CBJ-featured.jpg

CBJ - Seth Jones

He’s easily one of the best defensemen in the league, and while the rest of the league shut down in March, Seth Jones, other than a single exhibition game, hasn’t played since February 8th. Columbus has strength on defense, with David Savard, Zach Werenski, Murray and Gavrikov surrounding Jones. But still, coming off an injury that was originally believed to have ended his season, on top of everything else that is going on, can be quite the challenge. If Seth Jones is in traditional Seth Jones form, that’s a huge boost to Columbus’ chances to advance to the playoffs. If Seth Jones lags behind a bit, it could open the door for this Maple Leafs offense to overwhelm whichever of the two young goalies Columbus decides to start.

Rosters:

The Content:

Season Series Recap

The Hockey Guy Series Preview

Sportsnet Series Preview

Last edited:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I can't believe it's actually happening. I never thought things would get this far. It was all a fun experiment but the real world would strike and everything would come crashing to a halt. But this just goes to show that with enough hard work, commitment, and good old common sense, an 18 year old can make his debut in the playoffs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Winning the 1st game is huge ..

According to historical stats the team that wins game #1 of a 5 game series goes on to win the series > 80% of the time.

Leafs win and were in the drivers seat.

Hope the boys are ready for the challenge. :crossfing

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
As we saw yesterday across the league, anything can happen regardless of talent and expectations.

The boys better show up ready to outwork Columbus and Freddy needs to be sharp.

Reactions: weems and Cor

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Winning the 1st game is huge ..

According to historical stats the team that wins game #1 of a 5 game series goes on to win the series > 80% of the time.

Leafs win and were in the drivers seat.

Hope the boys are ready for the challenge. :crossfing
Makes it all the more interesting that the Canadiens beat the Pens last night. Gonna be some upsets I think

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
This team can handle hits; Washington and then Boston two years in a row. We can dish them out too.
Absolutely need to be first to the puck as many times as not.
Praying that Ceci and Barrie have noneventful games.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
This team can handle hits; Washington and then Boston two years in a row. We can dish them out too.
Absolutely need to be first to the puck as many times as not.
Praying that Ceci and Barrie have noneventful games.
I think we see the Leafs match the intensity. Truly believe our core is more experienced and not as willing to get pushed around here. AM has shown throughout this season the ability to get moody and throw a hit or two. Kapanen has taken a major step forward in that I once would have been surprised seeing him fight, and now I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him have a tilt tonight or in this series. Clifford is going to be a wrecking ball and create a deterrent. Spezza while not a tough guy, won't allow himself to be pushed around. Robertson is going to show what a pest he can be the more comfortable he gets. Muzzin-Holl pairing will have their share of shoving matches infront of Freddie. Dermott has the ability to get chippy. Hyman will hop in on Nylander and Matthews behalfs. Only line without grit really is Tavares line. Hopefully that line can handle themselves if need be and the captain takes that step forward to show "team toughness" if necessary. Can't wait to get this thing going! Fingers crossed Freddie plays the way we know he can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad