GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That game was played during week one. United opened the season vs Crystal Palace.

Yea sorry, I had typed something different and then only half edited it.

They had less than a month between their last competitive game and their first/only friendly. They simply didn’t have time to schedule more friendlies, unless they were going to be entirely played by the reserves/underagers team, but that kinda makes a friendly pointless.

As I said, I think the lack of friendlies excuse is pretty week for the 5th competitive game, but that response was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yea sorry, I had typed something different and then only half edited it.

They had less than a month between their last competitive game and their first/only friendly. They simply didn’t have time to schedule more friendlies, unless they were going to be entirely played by the reserves/underagers team, but that kinda makes a friendly pointless.

As I said, I think the lack of friendlies excuse is pretty week for the 5th competitive game, but that response was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

When you're playing against teams that have basically played twice as many games, at this stage of the season the difference is visible on the pitch. It's not a coincidence that team s with minimal pre-season games are having the most problems on the pitch right now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For hilarity:

The United one is far more hilarious, although the red fairly early does change things.

I think I’d rather have Alisson Becker and 9 other guys that a full XI with Adrian. Only half kidding

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GOATmez hasn’t been the same since Pulisic put him on a poster. On a bright side, Kimmich has been able to recover from that in the past, so maybe he will also.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't know whats with the fanatic Arsenal fans some times, I feel like we are poorly represented on here...
I agree, although I admit that at times I am guilty of stirring the pot.

Anyway, Wilshere had times where he could be unplayable and he was genuinely one of my favorite players to watch when he was in those moods, but between injuries and the general impossibility to be at top form always, they were few and far between

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Sometimes it seems like certain posters have a competition to see who can say the most outlandish thing.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I don't know whats with the fanatic Arsenal fans some times, I feel like we are poorly represented on here...

A lot of it has to do with other posters here having to make a point of how bad Arsenal is. If it was Arsenal that let in 6 goals to Spurs or 7 goals to Aston Villa I bet this thread would have doubled in pages with some people being banned from it.

Just look at some of the snarky comments that just came from last week's unsurprising loss to Liverpool.

Reactions: AB13 and bluesfan94

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
A lot of it has to do with other posters here having to make a point of how bad Arsenal is. If it was Arsenal that let in 6 goals to Spurs or 7 goals to Aston Villa I bet this thread would have doubled in pages with some people being banned from it.

Just look at some of the snarky comments that just came from last week's unsurprising loss to Liverpool.
“Oh woe is me. I support Arsenal so I’m always the victim” both Liverpool and United were embarrassed. Both results are awful and disgraceful. It has been widely acknowledged in this thread. Only way it’d be different for Arsenal is if some of the more hot take supporters on this board (the worst two are both Arsenal supporters) try to defend it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There's like 10 pages of people trashing United (including their own supporters) and whole bunch of people going on about Liverpool (and how trash Gomez is, as he was the only reason Liverpool let in 7 with a hint of Adrian). How many pages are necessary to dedicate to this before reaching Arsenal levels?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Compare the level of banter and you will notice a big difference.

And lol @SJSharks39 talking about hot takes yet you're still convinced Almiron would start for Arsenal.

You guys already driven one of the best Arsenal posters off this board with some of the bs you guys get away with so it's not about playing victim.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Compare that level of banter and you will notice a big difference.

And lol @SJSharks39 talking about hot takes yet you're still convinced Almiron would start for Arsenal.

You guys already driven one of the best Arsenal posters off this board with some of the bs you guys get away with so it's not about playing victim.
Yep he would have back when I said he would. Love how you have to bring up a take from what 3 years ago to prove a point though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Compare the level of banter and you will notice a big difference.

I agree that the bickering and shitposting has reached really bad levels recently which is why I think the moderators have started cracking down a bit more (thankfully). We've lost a few really good posters to some of the antics of a small group of posters on this board, but if you want that to stop it's better to be part of the solution than the problem, no? I know that I used to get caught up in that stuff a lot and I'm trying to do a lot more to avoid it, and focus more on actual discussion rather than the individuals. There's a lot of trolling on here, obviously, but there's a lot of good stuff too if you can cut through it. Banter is one thing, but harassment, bickering in every single thread, trolling, etc. is really played out.

Reactions: robertmac43

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I agree that the bickering and shitposting has reached really bad levels recently which is why I think the moderators have started cracking down a bit more (thankfully). We've lost a few really good posters to some of the antics of a small group of posters on this board, but if you want that to stop it's better to be part of the solution than the problem, no? I know that I used to get caught up in that stuff a lot and I'm trying to do a lot more to avoid it, and focus more on actual discussion rather than the individuals. There's a lot of trolling on here, obviously, but there's a lot of good stuff too if you can cut through it.

I'm completely fine with banter btw but it's usually one sided and aggressive when it comes to Arsenal. In fact I prefer if there is shitposting as long as we're allowed to shitpost back but even then it gets one sided.

Anyways I'll drop this topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad