Arsenal X Sheffield Utd
Wolverhampton X Fulham
Man Utd X Tottenham
Aston Villa X Liverpool

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Making the thread early because the other one is over 1000s posts of which the quality is deteriorating rapidly.

will probably be wrong, but man this is not a great time for Man City to go to Leeds.

Aston Villa is not going to be an easy away for LFC either. They are in really good form at the moment as well and are probably better than last year. Villa Park is always a bit of a trap game, especially before an international break and Everton.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
On the contrary I think this is the perfect time for Leeds to play them. Pep needs to make some tactical changes and will probably not do it before dropping more points.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think City are going to put Leeds to the sword.
I think it’s going to play out a lot like the Week One game be LFC. City are not going to like being attacked like that. Might not be enough, but this is a very dangerous game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean, what a prediction, erh expectation, erh whatever to imagine City will destroy Leeds...
But if Leeds has a shot it's now.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
United have looked like shit thus far but Ole usually puts out a good plan against the top 6.

Pogba isn't right after Covid - hopefully he sits for Donny.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
United have looked like shit thus far but Ole usually puts out a good plan against the top 6.

Pogba isn't right after Covid - hopefully he sits for Donny.
I agree. Pogba is clearly still not 100% recovered from Covid, which is understandable as it takes awhile to recover from. But lets give him a few games off and let VDB play because he's been sooo good every time he's come on.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think it’s going to play out a lot like the Week One game be LFC. City are not going to like being attacked like that. Might not be enough, but this is a very dangerous game.
Thing is the week one game was actually pretty one sided (in terms of play). Liverpool easily could have blown the doors off that game if they were a little sharper offensively, and I think that City naturally tend to be a little sharper in the final 3rd than Liverpool are and at creating chances in general. Leeds scored 2 very difficult goals that likely wouldn't be repeatable and got an absolute gift (again, not likely to happen) but were still outplayed by quite a bit. I know someone posted the xG chart and it was pretty lopsided. I think it will look similar with City except I think City will be more clinical and put Leeds away early. Their performance against Liverpool has been pretty overstated.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Thing is the week one game was actually pretty one sided (in terms of play). Liverpool easily could have blown the doors off that game if they were a little sharper offensively, and I think that City naturally tend to be a little sharper in the final 3rd than Liverpool are and at creating chances in general. Leeds scored 2 very difficult goals that likely wouldn't be repeatable and got an absolute gift (again, not likely to happen) but were still outplayed by quite a bit. I know someone posted the xG chart and it was pretty lopsided. I think it will look similar with City except I think City will be more clinical and put Leeds away early. Their performance against Liverpool has been pretty overstated.
oh you done f***ed up by saying Leeds was anything less than revolutionary.

But yes, xG wasn't all that close:
Liverpool 4 - 3 Leeds (September 12 2020) | EPL | 2020/2021 | xG | Understat.com

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
oh you done f***ed up by saying Leeds was anything less than revolutionary.

But yes, xG wasn't all that close:
Liverpool 4 - 3 Leeds (September 12 2020) | EPL | 2020/2021 | xG | Understat.com
I literally don't pay attention nor respond to certain obsessive (among other things) posters anymore. It makes life on here a lot easier and discussion a lot better. I won't tell others what to do but I find the quality of discussion definitely helps when it's a lot less about the bickering and trying to self-promote/be obsessive.

Thanks for that, yeah the game itself seemed closer than it was because of a few unlikely plays, but it could have been a very one sided game on the actual run of play.

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol, quality of discussion, look at the source...

Anyway, Pool had two pens and a wonder goal. Unlikely plays indeed.
But YEAH clearly Leeds was lucky.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think it’s too early to draw any concrete conclusions especially with the type of summer we’ve had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln