GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 35

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wait a second, when the ball goes away from him? He played the ball past the defender and the defender stops him from going to get it.

I shouldn't be surprised by anything I read here though after some of the gems after the other game.

Reactions: YNWA14

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Wait a second, when the ball goes away from him? He played the ball past the defender and the defender stops him from going to get it.

I shouldn't be surprised by anything I read here though after some of the gems after the other game.
"Stops him", if you're taking the position that he didn't go down incredibly easy. Which, he did.

When you out your hands all over a guy, you can't be surprised when it's given. But the idea that Salah didn't take the opportunity is a shallow take.
Just saw it again. Clear as day penalty and as @Live in the Now said it was before Salah went down, but Salah embellished by going down.

This above is all I'm saying.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
It was both a penalty and an embellishment. Both can be true. Call is right but Saleh definitely put a little mustard on the end of that.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
He had to go down on that play.

(1) It was his only way to escape that bear hug and
(2) there was no way the referee was going to call the blatant obstruction otherwise

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's not overly surprising that what people are talking about is how Salah went down on a clear as day mugging in the box.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
There’s a big difference between diving and going down on a legit foul.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
No. It was a clear and obvious foul. I've never made a comment about a player going down when the penalty was obvious and I'm not going to start now.

Well that's what your other post said, and he did embellish. And for the record I agree with you that on some places of the player doesn't the refs allow the foul to go unpunished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad