GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 34

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Definitely not what I said at the time but I don’t blame you for limiting your search based on vocabulary

Feel free to link to the posts. I did a simple search because it was easy and I don't care that much given that I can look at *reality* and see what actually happened. Namely that everyone understood that a situation arose that was totally out of the clubs control and everyone agreed to make things work even though it wasn't optimal. (edit: Kinda like when continental games were moved to neutral venues this year because of quarantine restrictions)

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You guys should stop fighting and put the Monaco/Lyon game tonight. Should be a great game with a lot at stake.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In other news. By far the worst part of watching Spurs home games is hearing Sandstorm blared through the stadium when a goal is scored.
This deserves a like

also the only thing that can distract me from this riveting conversation is dele Ali’s hair

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I like how Fleck really tried to avoid stamping on Lo Celso. Ridiculous.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For what it's worth, my main concern is if they can't protect the players in this situation (having supporters storm the pitch, potentially during a match), then, yes, a forfeit needs to be considered.

That is not the case at this moment, but with as easy as they pushed their way in, and potential desires to continue it, I'm not sure going forth is the right thing until the player safety is the biggest consideration.

The onus is on both clubs (and more so United at this stage) to do their best to ensure players are not put in a situation where there could be fans storming the pitch while a match is occurring. If that means they need to play it offsite, in a closed facility, so be it.

Reactions: Rob

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
For what it's worth, my main concern is if they can't protect the players in this situation (having supporters storm the pitch, potentially during a match), then, yes, a forfeit needs to be considered.

That is not the case at this moment, but with as easy as they pushed their way in, and potential desires to continue it, I'm not sure going forth is the right thing until the player safety is the biggest consideration.

The onus is on both clubs (and more so United at this stage) to do their best to ensure players are not put in a situation where there could be fans storming the pitch while a match is occurring. If that means they need to play it offsite, in a closed facility, so be it.

To be perfectly honest, if several hundred rioters are attempting to break into a building, there's not much that private security can do to stop them.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
His finishing is quite special. Not doing much else though. Works against SU I guess.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
SU is a bit like Spurs. Quite lost, but at least Spurs got some decent individual quality here and there. SU really haven't. And their best player has been injured for most of the season so...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If they're just using stewards, yeah, I would agree. But bring in some more local police. Set up more barricades.

Most of society works because you trust the majority to behave reasonably well most of the time. I really don't see the need to have thousands of police officers stopping something that really doesn't happen that often - and even when it does happen really no harm done (looking at this from a bigger picture - I'm sure the Manchester police got better things to do).

Seeing how rare this is in England these days - and it has been like this for quite some years now - I say we are mainly doing fine. Not to say nothing can't be learned by today, but I see no reason for much of a reaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad