GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 34

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Routine verdict based on which rule? I can't find it.

https://www.anfieldcentral.co.uk/po...feit-between-manchester-united-and-liverpool/

"The Premier League Handbook, according to Section L.12, dictates that if police involvement influences the decisions to postpone or abandon a game, there will be no forfeit or disqualification and the points will not be automatically awarded to any teams involved."

If there is a description somewhere stating that the "mother club" is responsible for the behaviour of their fans etc. - then fine. If not I can't see how this ends up with Utd losing the game 3-0. And it would have to be very specifically defined then. What if I call in a bomb threat pretending to be a Leeds-fan for the next game? Should Spurs then win it 3-0?

Not saying this is easy. And I can see this leading to amendments in the handbook, but I would be curious to know why someone would consider this "routine verdict"?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It really doesn't matter what he does for a living, if he's calling something that has literally never happened in the history of English league football "routine", he's an idiot and should be ignored.
Amazing same poster called Fab a jabroni is citing this clown lol

Reactions: hatterson

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Fabrizio hasn't called Varane, Haaland and Sancho to United yet so he's a certified fraud and jabroni in my eyes. Daily Mail >>>>>>

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Relegation and winner were decided a while ago and looks like top 4 has already been decided as well. Bit of a boring season tbh if not for the recent drama and Liverpool blowing up in the first half.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Relegation and winner were decided a while ago and looks like top 4 has already been decided as well. Bit of a boring season tbh if not for the recent drama and Liverpool blowing up in the first half.
For sure. And people thought last season was the one that needed an asterisk. That was a breeze compared to this nonsense.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I guess to each their own, but this season has been a blast to watch. Almost a constant 4 to 5 team shootout for the final CL and EL spots, which could still go down to the last couple games, and seeing some new faces in the mix for those spots has been fun to follow. Found myself watching a ton more games not involving my own team this season

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Actual goal for Wolves was pretty lucky, but that build up was great.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Speaking for all non-Man U fans. They've been one of the best in the world for 16 years. I hope the Glazers sell so we can compete with an inferior owner, which they would have.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Still no place to put the rescheduled game. If United don’t have to forfeit, which they still should, maybe they can play it 24 hours before the Europa League final, like when Liverpool had to play 24 hours before the Club World Cup in a different continent. There is no where to put this game.

I still don't know where this is in the EPL rule book. I have now looked up "forfeit", "3-0", "0-3", "3 - 0", "0 - 3", "three", "nil", "zero", and "breach of Rule L."

Moreover, the rule book specifically says that matches may be postponed for safety reasons (Rule L.12.4).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad