GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 34

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Reschedule when?

One option would be tomorrow.

Another would be to move the Liverpool/West Brom game to midweek and play 2 weekends from now.

Another would be to play the weekend after the Europa league final.

You are so full of bologna though. You take your rule book out every week, but when this is a textbook forfeit you want to cry about it and deflect.

“One occurs when a team is unable (or refuses) to meet the basic standards for playing the game, either before the game begins or as a result of actions that happen during the match.”

you are such a hypocrite. Piss off.

One of the biggest reasons the game was postponed (by agreement of everyone involved) was that OT was damaged to the point that it could not be properly secured today. The idea that you can just attack and damage a stadium to make a team forfeit is ridiculous especially when it seems to be the job of the police to control an unlawful riot as opposed to private building security.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Throwing bottles at the bus full of people isn't dangerous? Amazing logic, real down to earth take, a true beacon of unbiased takes this guy is.
compared to what happened to Dortmund? Absolutely not. If those fans wanted to hurt those players they could have. My point is that if people cared about the bottle incident they should have (and yes they should have) done something about it

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
One option would be tomorrow.

Another would be to move the Liverpool/West Brom game to midweek and play 2 weekends from now.

Another would be to play the weekend after the Europa league final.

One of the biggest reasons the game was postponed (by agreement of everyone involved) was that OT was damaged to the point that it could not be properly secured today. The idea that you can just attack and damage a stadium to make a team forfeit is ridiculous especially when it seems to be the job of the police to control an unlawful riot as opposed to private building security.
So disadvantage Liverpool because of the United fans actions? How is that fair?

NBCSB just said tomorrow isn’t happening by the way

They rest of what you just described is rule of the law to constitute a forfeit and we know you love rule on the law. Picked a great time to put your rule book away.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I guess I picked an ideal day to be hungover. Would probably feel equally as garbage if we lost to hand City the title but hey, silver lining!

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
compared to what happened to Dortmund? Absolutely not. If those fans wanted to hurt those players they could have. My point is that if people cared about the bottle incident they should have (and yes they should have) done something about it
Yes, compared to Dortmund :rolleyes:

If it's not a bomb it's not dangerous, great take guy

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So disadvantage Liverpool because of the United fans actions? How is that fair?

NBCSB just said tomorrow isn’t happening by the way

They rest of what you just described is rule of the law to constitute a forfeit and we know you love rule on the law. Picked a great time to put your rule book away.

The "rule book" you quoted there was the start of a wikipedia article....

Postponements have happened in the past for events out of the clubs control (infrastructure issues, safety issues, etc.)

And if Liverpool felt so hard done by with the game being postponed, maybe the team shouldn't have agreed to have it postponed. All of the grown ups in the situation realize that this was something outside of the Club's control and although there will likely be some kind of punishments or consequences, they all realize that making a club forfeit, when there are alternatives available, because of a riot, is deeply stupid.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Did anyone get hurt?

Did the governing bodies do anything to prevent it happening again?
LOL. Attacking a bus with players isn't a big deal because no one got hurt. But no one gets hurt at a protest and the only option is a forfeit. Get over it good lord.

Elvis P

NYC: losing in the playoffs since 2011
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Kane to one of the Manchester clubs? / The protests are so dumb. Man U has been one of the top teams for 16 years. / It will be fun seeing Chelsea win on Cinco de Maya.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How? Y’all are the ones that want to throw the rule book around.
Why isn’t this game being played? Nothing to do with Liverpool

Please quote the actual rulebook where it states that in the event of a riot the home team must forfeit. No, I do not accept your quote from a wikipedia article.

The game not being played also has nothing to do with Manchester United. It has to do with fans who, by definition, do not like the team as it currently is structured. They are fans of a Manchester United that literally only exists in their heads.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Please quote the actual rulebook where it states that in the event of a riot the home team must forfeit. No, I do not accept your quote from a wikipedia article.

The game not being played also has nothing to do with Manchester United. It has to do with fans who, by definition, do not like the team as it currently is structured. They are fans of a Manchester United that literally only exists in their heads.
Show me where is doesn’t. I mean you have the rule book out every week so you tell me. At the minimum they were reported to breach Covid protocol. As reported by NBCSN and other leaders. That alone is potential grounds. Hilarious that now is when you hide your rule book

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I mean if Man U fans are so outraged by the Glazers it would be good if they were punished the 3 points. It would show that they want change more than the results.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And where in the rule book does it say that a forfeit is required?
Ask your boy. Forfeit for noth having the pitch be ready to be played on (paraphrasing but quotes earlier) is a rule that differentiates a sport from a game. If you want to find something that doesn’t state it, go find it

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ask your boy. Forfeit for noth having the pitch be ready to be played on (paraphrasing but quotes earlier) is a rule that differentiates a sport from a game. If you want to find something that doesn’t state it, go find it
You’re the one saying this. You need to provide the evidence.

Reactions: Jussi

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Show me where is doesn’t. I mean you have the rule book out every week so you tell me. At the minimum they were reported to breach Covid protocol. As reported by NBCSN and other leaders. That alone is potential grounds. Hilarious that now is when you hide your rule book

I will freely admit I have done very little research on what occurs if there is a riot outside the stadium that damaged the stadium to the point that it is unsafe to host a game. However given that both teams, and the FA, agreed to a postponement instead of a forfeiture, I'd have to assume a forfeit is not required.

In regards to COVID stuff, how many games did Newcastle forfeit when their covid issues caused schedule nightmares for multiple clubs?

In the history of the PL, how many games have been forfeited?

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad