GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 26

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm obviously not a neutral, so my viewing experience is different, but as 0-0s go I've enjoyed this match
This probably is the most threatening we've been under Tuchel, but haven't managed to score. Normally we get like 1 or 2 good chances and that's it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Any time a Chelsea player goes down, it’s a foul. Any time a United player goes down, it’s play on. Absolute bullshit.

Reactions: Jussi

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Point to a single one of these that wasn't a foul. For a United fan to complain about reffing against Chelsea is hilariously rich.
Considering United lost an obvious penalty and the last like 5 fouls called in United weren’t fouls.

don’t get me wrong United didn’t deserve to win, but the fact that one team gets the call and then the exact same thing happens on the other end and there’s no call is bullshit.

Reactions: Jussi

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
outside of how you feel about the pen it was a fairly reffed game lol

Reactions: Blender

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Chelsea hasn't played an exciting game in quite some time, certainly never under Tuchel.
AH even one of them losing would've been good to laugh at but I got nothing this weekend. Barca won but football fix hasnt been filled at all.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not surprised by the result, nor the very negative and risk-free strategies used by both teams. At least it shows that the conservative style we have used against relegation sides also works against top 4 clubs.

Reactions: Peen

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Considering United lost an obvious penalty and the last like 5 fouls called in United weren’t fouls.

don’t get me wrong United didn’t deserve to win, but the fact that one team gets the call and then the exact same thing happens on the other end and there’s no call is bullshit.

Calling that an obvious penalty tells me all I need to know

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
19th different starting CB pair for LFC today.

the Liverpool Echo has also reported that Nat Phillips is now regarded their “first choice” CB. So he’s obviously going down next.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tuchel called it a "quality game" and said he made the tactical switch in the second half so that the 2 forwards would be more available to defend.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
0-0 was the obvious result of the weekend. Both managers have been picking overly conservative lineups lately, and you knew this was coming. Called last week even.

Reactions: Savant

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
When I saw the starting line up, I had guarantees that Arteta has given up on the season. Yet, Arsenal completely played LC off the pitch that had to be one of the most dominant performances in the entire season. I hope this silences all those rubbish posters on here who say that LC is a better team, they simply got a fluke goal due to Mari making a complete mess of it. He rebounded nicely though and all the offensive players today were class; even Willian, but Pepe was MOTM easily. Odegaard showed forward thinking and he's able to make plays under minimal amount of time, which is something other Arsenal players can't. Plus Xhaka was great and Tierney was once again a revelation (I actually think he should be the one taking corner kicks for us). A great win to build up on for the next round of the Europa.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00