GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 25

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Key passes measure open play, and Mount has mostly played as an 8 this season and most of the back half of last season, not an attacking midfielder.
Key passes simply mean passes leading to a shot. Corners also count. Headers are statistically recorded as shots. He has played as a 10, more than an 8, I think. It depends on how you define his role but he has had a very high average position and is as much of an 8 as KDB. I don’t think there is any way defending Mount’s lack of a creative brain right now, even though he is good overall, which I did not debate

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Key passes simply mean passes leading to a shot. Corners also count. Headers are statistically recorded as shots. He has played as a 10, more than an 8, I think. It depends on how you define his role but he has had a very high average position and is as much of an 8 as KDB. I don’t think there is any way defending Mount’s lack of a creative brain right now, even though he is good overall, which I did not debate
lol no, this isn't close to true. Lampard almost exclusively used a 4-3-3 with Mount as a box to box midfielder this season and since the post-COVID restart.

He's played a bit higher up the pitch under Tuchel, but still not the same attacking role as ESR as Mount has a lot more defensive responsibilities.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
lol no, this isn't close to true. Lampard almost exclusively used a 4-3-3 with Mount as a box to box midfielder this season and since the post-COVID restart.

He's played a bit higher up the pitch under Tuchel, but still not the same attacking role as ESR as Mount has a lot more defensive responsibilities.
Mount was not a box to box midfielder. He was a free 8 playing a similar role to Silva/De Bruyne. Look at his average positioning maps. Also, ESR is not really given a pure attacking role.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Mount was not a box to box midfielder. He was a free 8 playing a similar role to Silva/De Bruyne. Look at his average positioning maps. Also, ESR is not really given a pure attacking role.
:laugh:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
We'll see how it goes today, but I am broadly into this wide forward system and would be intrigued to see how it works with Havertz in the hole and Mount deeper

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
CHO off after only 30 minutes for Ziyech, Kovacic off for Jorginho.

tumblr_okd85zob821sbnwseo1_500.gif

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Chelsea have now won 5 points to questionable refereeing decisions in Tuchel’s first 5. Dodgy penalty against Spurs givning them 2 points, dodgy penalty agaisnt Sheffield giving them 2 points, dodgy penalty today giving them 1 point.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Chelsea have now won 5 points to questionable refereeing decisions in Tuchel’s first 5. Dodgy penalty against Spurs givning them 2 points, dodgy penalty agaisnt Sheffield giving them 2 points, dodgy penalty today giving them 1 point.

You've outdone yourself with this one, man. An absolute *chefs kiss* of ludicrous bullshit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad