GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 25

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Might be too early, don't know how much more consistency he would offer.

I do like the idea of bringing someone like that in on loan though. It's a win-win; we get more goal threat and the young player gets a coach who will back them and who plays an attacking style.
Dembele or Griezzy forget the loan... use some of that epl money!

Mar 1, 2002

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pep

"I know the players play these games, but I don't know what fantasy football is," Guardiola said. "I've never played it, and I heard it for the first time in the headlines [on Monday]. I don't know what it is.

I'm gonna go ahead and say he's lying.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Pep

"I know the players play these games, but I don't know what fantasy football is," Guardiola said. "I've never played it, and I heard it for the first time in the headlines [on Monday]. I don't know what it is.

I'm gonna go ahead and say he's lying.
100%. Literally everyone has heard of fantasy sports.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ah I'm certain my parents dont know along with many others but there's no way someone that close to the game doesnt know what it is.

It would have been totally understandable if he said he doesn't play or doesn't really understand exactly how it works. That would make sense. But the idea that a professional football coach has literally never heard of fantasy sports seems absurd.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Based on what? They were 6th seven games ago. Since they've gone on a horrific run with just a point. Even an average run sees then like four places up the table. No reason for them to be this bad all the sudden.
I mean realistically they were never going to keep up the top 4 pace they were at. I wasn’t expecting this sort of drop off but one was definitely coming.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Good to see Leeds in the top half of the standings.
Of course they only beat awful teams, but that means there are a lot of awful teams in the mighty EPL. They're also one point off Spurs and their "pragmatic" tactics.
Seems like playing offensive football can be "pragmatic".

13 games to go, anything's possible, but so far so good.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't know why Pep would lie about fantasy sports. The reality is that fantasy football didn't come about really as a popular phenomenon until the mid 00s and by that point Guardiola was a busy man having more important stuff to worry about. Remember, for someone involved on the football management side, football isn't a fun diversion after work. It's work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->