PL Matchweek 9

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Our squad is at worst 6th, I don’t think anyone could say it is 30 less shots than Fulham bad, could you? Arteta and Emery are two of the worst managers in the world, but Arteta would absolutely destroy any Premier League team. We were only one point off fifth when Emery was sacked.

Why take the piss and imply anyone said this squad was anywhere near generational when all people have done is say it is top 6 quality.
Well considering everyone was hailing Arteta as the next Wenger and the guy to turn the club around, is now being called a horrible manager is pretty funny.

Also with the way you talk about the squad you think it’s better than 6th best. Auba is the best striker in the league, Ozil is the greatest playmaker in history, the best prospects in the world, the best CB signing of the year, and the best young CB in the world yet somehow it’s ALL on the manager? Ok.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love that insiders, stupid Gooners, and pundits are putting this entire draw on Pepe's fault, it wasn't like anybody out there was contributing to the point that we were going to score either...

This is an argument to moderation. It's a fallacy to state that the unbiased position must be right in the middle.
Of course I am biased in my selection, like duh? You are too though. However, I tried to make a case for every player...I even said that Kante has accomplished more but to think majority of the teams in the world would buy him as he's declining rapidly over Partey who's in his prime is as illogical as possible. The problem with your stats, which I am not entirely against, but understand the limits is that form plays a big part in them. For example, if you took Tierney and put him on your club or Leicester his advance stats would look better. If you put Zouma on Arsenal, he would be as bad as Gabriel's stats say. You can't make a justification that Zouma is better as he gets to play on one of the deepest offences' in the world at the moment. My post isn't just anti-Arteta point of view or putting all the blame on him, but nobody is playing good at the moment. We only had one glorious chance against a club that has allowed like 3+ goals the last three or so games. We've scored one goal in the last five EPL matches, that's Sheffield United bad. You honestly think our talent level at Arsenal is Blades, WBA, and Fulham level bad?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I love that insiders, stupid Gooners, and pundits are putting this entire draw on Pepe's fault, it wasn't like anybody out there was contributing to the point that we were going to score either...

Of course I am biased in my selection, like duh? You are too though. However, I tried to make a case for every player...I even said that Kante has accomplished more but to think majority of the teams in the world would buy him as he's declining rapidly over Partey who's in his prime is as illogical as possible. The problem with your stats, which I am not entirely against, but understand the limits is that form plays a big part in them. For example, if you took Tierney and put him on your club or Leicester his advance stats would look better. If you put Zouma on Arsenal, he would be as bad as Gabriel's stats say. You can't make a justification that Zouma is better as he gets to play on one of the deepest offences' in the world at the moment. My post isn't just anti-Arteta point of view or putting all the blame on him, but nobody is playing good at the moment. We only had one glorious chance against a club that has allowed like 3+ goals the last three or so games. We've scored one goal in the last five EPL matches, that's Sheffield United bad. You honestly think our talent level at Arsenal is Blades, WBA, and Fulham level bad?
Kante is declining rapidly? What!? Have you watched a single Chelsea game this season? He's finally healthy after having a lot of injury problems last year and has rebounded to his world class form.

As for the stats, they included thousands of minutes of play, recent form has little impact. The stats are also adjusted for team and opponent quality as best possible, which you can easily look up and read.

How are the possession-adjusted stats calculated?

Possession-adjusted offensive stats are obtained by calculating the number of times a player completes an action for every 100 touches of the ball they have.

Defensive stats are adjusted for possession using the StatsBomb sigmoid function, which you can read more about here. Each player's stats for a particular competition are adjusted based on their team's average possession during said competition.

Ideally, a player's stats should be adjusted based on the possession stats from only the games they played in. However, I don't have access to that data and so I used the next best thing; which is the team's average possession across all games in the competition.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Jota gets another goal, he's been a big signing.

Leicester not exactly impressive here so far.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can’t decide if my dislike for Leicester is al Rodgers, or mostly Rodgers.
I really don’t understand this sentiment at all. Rodgers gave everything for Liverpool and was in a really bad set of circumstances. Why do you dislike Rodgers?

Anyway we’ve looked awesome today. Leicester should probably have had a pen but completely deserved lead for Liverpool.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I remember people said Jota wasn’t a double digit scorer. Might have ten before January. Right team is ahead. Let’s see if Rodgers can cook something up. He made same mistake as he did on Boxing Day last year set up Maddison wide and nullified him offensively.

Milner and Robertson have been great too. Milner loves a game vs Leicester.

Reactions: Gecklund

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I remember people said Jota wasn’t a double digit scorer. Might have ten before January. Right team is ahead. Let’s see if Rodgers can cook something up. He made same mistake as he did on Boxing Day last year set up Maddison wide and nullified him offensively.

Milner and Robertson have been great too. Milner loves a game vs Leicester.
Marc Albrighton isn't much of a fullback either. :laugh:

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
....and Maddison comes out playing central. You’re welcome Brendan.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean, I’m glad Lamptey isn’t playing. Who knows who will get injured between now and then though. Keita hit the deck as I was typing this.
If the league were fair his red would be rescinded.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp needs to sell Keita to Spain or back to Germany. He just cannot take physical play. He is great when healthy but he can’t play two games in a row

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I like the sub though. Putting Neco in up two goals is a good way to get some minutes in him while he rebuilds confidence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad