PL Matchweek 9

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wait and see. If a new manager who even as much as understands the basics of coaching too level football comes in, I will enjoy going back to your stupid, ridiculous comments. Get off your high horse because Liverpool are in a period of relevance after 20 years.
Not trying to be a jerk, but this is pretty damn accurate. All these Pool fans coming out of the closet and then saying "your club is not relevant" is crazy, at least we Gooners can handle when someone punches us in the groin in 2003, 2013, and 2020 like a man.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What closest? Most of those guys have been here a decade plus. If you wanna piss on them go for it but loyalty? Really lol LFC fans?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
For the record I never said anyone's team was irrelevant. What I said was that team stuck in mid table has a shit squad. It needs to be massively improved and that these threads are constantly derailed by talk about how good a losing squad is. It is not.

What closest? Most of those guys have been here a decade plus. If you wanna piss on them go for it but loyalty? Really lol LFC fans?

I've been here 15 years.

It's more that everyone's tired about reading this derailment shit about a bad team, than the team that it is. Tottenham were terrible last season but I didn't see anyone posting with the sort of delusion going on in here every week. The team constantly talked about went from 5th to 8th and now to 11th. Their squad isn't good. End of.

Also, to be honest? They're fortunate to be in 11th place because Man City and Wolves have struggled badly to adapt to the ridiculous pace of this shitshow of a season. Those two teams also have a game in hand. Why do we have to talk about this exact same thing every single week

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
For the record I never said anyone's team was irrelevant. What I said was that team stuck in mid table has a shit squad. It needs to be massively improved and that these threads are constantly derailed by talk about how good a losing squad is. It is not.

I've been here 15 years.

It's more that everyone's tired about reading this derailment shit about a bad team, than the team that it is. Tottenham were terrible last season but I didn't see anyone posting with the sort of delusion going on in here every week. The team constantly talked about went from 5th to 8th and now to 11th. Their squad isn't good. End of.

Also, to be honest? They're fortunate to be in 11th place because Man City and Wolves have struggled badly to adapt to the ridiculous pace of this shitshow of a season. Those two teams also have a game in hand. Why do we have to talk about this exact same thing every single week

Well maybe the other snobs here can also ignore it.

"How dare someone has another opinion than the majority on here."

I've seen someone here say Sheffield United has a more TALENTED team than Arsenal. But no one shits on that. There's an eagerness to just shit on anything that's Arsenal here and if any Arsenal fan doesn't agree then there needs to be 2 pages of slingshots at them. Even winning the FA Cup got shit on.

Reactions: AB13

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Curious to see how much more Pepe will feature for Arsenal. Arteta already seemed to not be a fan before the incident, and considering the way he froze Guendouzi out, I wouldn't be surprised if Pepe's days at Arsenal are over.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I didn't know Pepe as well as Ndombele from France, but funny how similar the situation feels - before it turned around for Ndombele. I don't think Pepe has got the same quality as Ndombele (even if I am as stated not an expert on Pepe - so I could be wrong), but I think it can turn around quite quickly if he just gets some mojo back. If the situation is right for him at Arsenal I don't know, but people questioned that with Mourinho and Ndombele as well.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm just trying to understand how Solly March randomly became a consistent good player for Brighton. He has been one of the more frustrating players to watch over the past few years.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What is he even on about?

Villa made out like bandits against Brighton and only stayed up because VAR couldn't overrule a goal line tech screw up.
That's what I was thinking too. I don't remember there being anything too egregious this weekend either.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What is he even on about?

Villa made out like bandits against Brighton and only stayed up because VAR couldn't overrule a goal line tech screw up.
No idea. The biggest mistake in that game I think was that Lamptey got a 2nd yellow for a "tackle" on Grealish in which Grealish stuck his leg under Lamptey's leg while Lamptey was playing the ball.

Reactions: robertmac43

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Early yet but Burnley might get their first win of the season here. They’re on the front foot, even after scoring.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
No idea. The biggest mistake in that game I think was that Lamptey got a 2nd yellow for a "tackle" on Grealish in which Grealish stuck his leg under Lamptey's leg while Lamptey was playing the ball.
That is Grealish in a nutshell. He always put his feet in position to get fouled. I believe he is the most fouled player in the EPL for that specific reason.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He is quite unique in his style. Not sure if I would call him a "flop king" as there are players far far far worse than him in terms of "flopping".

Most players that carry the ball as much as he does will also be fast players. More difficult to tackle them then. And a lot of good technical players will somewhat shy away from getting stuck in. Ginola is a good example in my opinion. Not lightning quick - certainly not in his later years - but so good at taking on players. A bit like Grealish, but he would also rarely go to where it hurts.

Grealish´s biggest weakness seems to be his haircut and tiny shin pads. That combination seems to annoy a lot of people.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Maybe, we will see. Can’t know that until we get a reasonably competent manager. The squad is not great, but Leno, Gabriel, Saliba, Partey, Saka, Aubameyang is a good core, and with plenty of slightly above average players around them we have enough quality for a top 4 challenge.
Good core for what? That's bloody mediocre outside of Auba.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He is quite unique in his style. Not sure if I would call him a "flop king" as there are players far far far worse than him in terms of "flopping".

Most players that carry the ball as much as he does will also be fast players. More difficult to tackle them then. And a lot of good technical players will somewhat shy away from getting stuck in. Ginola is a good example in my opinion. Not lightning quick - certainly not in his later years - but so good at taking on players. A bit like Grealish, but he would also rarely go to where it hurts.

Grealish´s biggest weakness seems to be his haircut and tiny shin pads. That combination seems to annoy a lot of people.
At absolute worst Grealish is a top-5 flopper (I'm stoked my insistence on using the word "flop" is starting to catch on...). Creating degrees of floppiness is kind of pointless, but it's a thing he does every game and he's undoubtedly a serial offender.

He's also a bit like a Dele Alli or a Zaha in that he's constantly moaning on the pitch as well.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Grealish has the ball a ton so he is going to be fouled a ton, that's fair and reasonable to expect. That one in the BHA game was so frustrating because he didn't have the ball, he was making a challenge, yet somehow he was the one who was fouled. It's like they gave the benefit to the attacking player regardless of the actual circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad