GWT: PL Matchweek 5

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Emery has to leave, horrendous team selection and offensive tactics along with poor defensive organisation.

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

200.gif

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
excuses
do you think he tells the team "don't play defense good you guys, let's make games interesting"

A manager is more responsible for the defence than any player. The organisation is a f*cking joke.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
excuses
do you think he tells the team "don't play defense good you guys, let's make games interesting"

I wasn't able to watch the game today, but from the discussions in here it's safe to say he still has Sokratis and Kolasinac trying to play the ball from the back, which is asking for trouble. Anyone that watched one Arsenal game could tell you that's a terrible tactic.

Reactions: AB13

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Any manager would make these world class players look a lot better. Arsenal would finish third with him.
I wouldn't say 3rd, but I think 4th should be attainable with this squad with an average manager. We'll probably finish 6th or something at this rate though.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
when is Holding going to be back?
Holding - Chambers D is better than that today.

it won't matter though, as emery will continue to trot out Luiz, Sokratis, and a mid with xhaka and guendouzi.
emery!!! no sabes lo que estás haciendo

Reactions: S E P H and AB13

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
when is Holding going to be back?
Holding - Chambers D is better than that today.

it won't matter though, as emery will continue to trot out Luiz, Sokratis, and a mid with xhaka and guendouzi.
emery!!! no sabes lo que estás haciendo
We could have Sergio Ramos and Thiago Silva and we'd still be outplayed for fun.

Reactions: S E P H and AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Emery is like that girlfriend who on occasion gives you wonderful sex, but usually can’t be bothered. Somehow you are still hooked.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yikes, that had to be one of the worst performances I've ever seen Arsenal play. No complaints from me concerning bashing Emery as well, that was as much of an Emery loss (draw, but it feels like a loss) than Luiz and Sokratis giving away goals. Only thing I can take away from that game is I am beyond happy we didn't play a team with more skill because that would've been a trashing on epic proportions.

I don't know how you can get ripped apart by Watford's fullbacks for the entire ****ing game and not change any of the tactics because neither is TAA or Robertson level good. Just beyond questionable and Emery's subs were just Godawful as well. You sub Ceballos which is a head-scratcher to begin with, but for Willock okay that's fine. But then you put on another attacking player in Nelson when you can't even get some possession on the ball to the half way line. Holy smokes and Nelson was absolutely putrid when he came on as well.

I wanted Sokratis benched and he gives away another free goal. However, I don't fully blame him because Emery is his own worst enemy. I get that he wants to play Barcaball, but for the love of God even a clueless angry small of a man Lee Dixon can see the insanity of constantly playing from the back. It's so easy to create mistakes for us because we keep doing them like your favourite iTunes song on repeat.

And that's where you need not only a spine, but some sort of f***ing captain to close off a win from the trenches if your manager's head is so far up his ass. However, we're stuck with Easter Island statue Xhaka and how he goes into his weekly "I AM OUT OF MY LEAGUE" mode. There was no yelling from him at all, an idiot Dixon even commentated about how quiet Arsenal were when they dropped so deep and allowed Watford to welcome their attack. Brutal stuff, these last two weeks have been just a travesty from Emery as far as I am concerned.

David Luiz is the defensive leader this is what you get lol
Oh it's worse than that, like having Xhaka as your Captain. Lol.

The dropoff from Wengerball to Emeryball is ****ing scary. I miss the man, wish I could change my signature.
Not disagreeing, but we're absolutely better off without Wenger as well. He bought Ozil, Mustafi, and Xhaka so his head was clearly in the pits. Emery might not be the bloke to lead us forward, but at least he spends some effin' money to improve this club. Wenger wouldn't because he "trusted" his starting XI of Xhaka/Welbeck/Wilshere/El Neny garbage.

how in the world do guendouzi and xhaka stay on and Ozil and Ceballos come off?
such a stupid, stupid man that emery.
I can manage Guendouzi's mistakes, he's young and will learn from them. But then they get maximized when you have other idiots on the pitch such as Sokratis, Luiz, and Xhaka. That's a big problem for our team, you have too many mistake ridden players getting prime minutes. Again I am absolutely blown away that Chambers put the form that he did and he gets benched for the rest of the season as of now. I mean, how many minutes can you keep feeding Sokratis and his lack of brain power at times?

Also half of Xhakas' passes put his teammates in terrible positions.

Also we bought Torreira as a CDM and why is he playing like a BXB? I mean I don't mind him going up the pitch, but somebody has got to cover him when he does it and nobody does.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If West Ham can win tomorrow at Villa they’d move into 3rd spot and bump the next 5 teams down a spot.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
We could have Sergio Ramos and Thiago Silva and we'd still be outplayed for fun.

Well yeah, they'd still be passing to bricks-for-feet Xhaka trying to play out of defense. For as good of a passer as he is, he's not nearly mobile enough to handle pressure on the ball when we play like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad