GWT: PL Matchweek 5

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
It's not too early. At this point in time, Liverpool are the favorites

LFC are not the favorites. It’s still early.

Yep. The quality in performances from the two teams is very much distinct. Of course that doesn't mean Liverpool will win the league or anything, but they have the best chance.

City are 2/3 to win the title. Liverpool are 3/2. According to the betting market Liverpool has less than a 40 percent chance.

Anyone who says Liverpool are the favorites but won't place any money on them at those odds probably doesn't believe what they're saying themselves.

The sports bar here in Tampere was very loud when Teemu Pukki scored the biggest goal in Liverpool's 27-year Premier League history.

Last edited:

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Man City are not only the #1 favorites to win the Premier League right now, they're also ranked first in the UCL.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Tomori should definitely keep getting starting opportunities after that performance against Wolves. Was also really good against Sheffield 2 weeks ago in his first start.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
If you want to call Liverpool favorites on form, maybe. But I don’t think you can call them favorites based on a five point lead with 99 points still to play for. Liverpool will likely drop more than five points.

Reactions: robertmac43

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I always appreciate watching Bournemouth games because they will always try and push forward and go for it.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What a finish from the best striker in the League! The way Aubameyang scores out of borderline half chances is incredible.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
This is a stupid argument. Being favorites doesn’t make them a sure thing

I didn't say anything about being a sure thing. But if you actually think Liverpool have a better chance than City and the odds for them winning are 3/2, the expected value for that bet is through the roof. But nobody should probably believe they know so much better than a billion-dollar betting market until they have a long track record of massively beating that market.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I always appreciate watching Bournemouth games because they will always try and push forward and go for it.

They’re my favorite team to watch outside of United(masochist I know). I just love the way they play and their story. Such a cool club.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
My absolute favorite strategy they use is the 2 inch pass to Luiz who boots it long.

So not only are you showing you don’t trust your keeper with even the slightest bit of distribution, you’re also setting your team up terribly for the attack because you have 3-4 players back in your own defensive third instead of pushing everyone forward.

The fact that a coach would look at that and say “yes, this is what I want, keep doing that” is absolutely hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00