GWT: PL Matchweek 5

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Tough result for Burnley they deserved better. I guess they should be happy with the point on the road but you have to take points from the lower clubs if you want to have real success in the EPL.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Woof. Another 90 minutes of West Ham football sucked off my life time.
Chicharito's goals in the PL all came from inside the box and Bilic plays him as left winger. Painful.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not really worried. Two non call penalties and a few really good saves kept us from 3 points. It was a very one sided match we just need to be more clinical. It will come. It's still early. Too bad we dropped those points though.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Woof. Another 90 minutes of West Ham football sucked off my life time.
Chicharito's goals in the PL all came from inside the box and Bilic plays him as left winger. Painful.

It's ridiculous. That was just dire. If you're going to go with one striker, it has to be Chicharito over Carroll. How is that a thing I have to type?? On some level away at a team like West Brom I get having Carroll in the side, but sticking Hernandez out wide is just dumb. He may as well not be on the pitch.

It's an indictment of the squad's construction how reliant they are on Lanzini.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ox Effect:

0-4 vs Liverpool
0-5 vs. Man City
2-2 vs. Sevilla (Home)
1-1 vs. Burnley (Home)

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
how's life in Liverpool Ox?

42158F6800000578-4671662-image-a-173_1499350594087.jpg

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
It's ridiculous. That was just dire. If you're going to go with one striker, it has to be Chicharito over Carroll. How is that a thing I have to type??
It's an indictment of the squad's construction how reliant they are on Lanzini.

Spot on. Unfortunately Bilic's doesn't get it. I wonder if Chicharito was a signing Bilic wanted or a "Sully Special". Doesn't make sense to play the mexican record goal scorer out of position in favor of someone like Carroll who's only good a brutal hoof ball. No Lanzini in the line-up is like watching Allardyce footall all over again, just worse.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It would be blind to ignore that Burnley had good chances as well. Great header clearance by Matip and a save by Mignolet saved them as well in the 2nd half.

Their CB situation seems like it's dire right now, but mainly because they missed one of their starters in Lovren. Every top team would be hurting without their starting CB - unless it's Chelsea who have unreal depth at that position.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It would be blind to ignore that Burnley had good chances as well. Great header clearance by Matip and a save by Mignolet saved them as well in the 2nd half.

Their CB situation seems like it's dire right now, but mainly because they missed one of their starters in Lovren. Every top team would be hurting without their starting CB - unless it's Chelsea who have unreal depth at that position.

If Alderweireld or Vertongen went I down I would be fine with Dier or Davison replacing them.

And even with a healthy Lovren they have major issues with their CB's. I am not sure how much more evidence Liverpool fans need to realize that Matip, Lovren, Klavin, Gomez is not a good CB unit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Alderweireld or Vertongen went I down I would be fine with Dier or Davison replacing them.

And even with a healthy Lovren they have major issues with their CB's. I am not sure how much more evidence Liverpool fans need to realize that Matip, Lovren, Klavin, Gomez is not a good CB unit.

It's a horrible unit. Klopp extremely arrogant to not try to improve it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Everyone knows those CB aren't good enough and have posted about it many times.

Liverpool did get one more point than my expectation here so :thumbu::sarcasm:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why does Liverpool always suck against bottom dwellers? It's funny but there has to be a reason.

It's hard not to blame the coaching staff when the same thing happens every time.

I would say a big part of it is that opponents covert such a high percentage of their shots on target into goals.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Why does Liverpool always suck against bottom dwellers? It's funny but there has to be a reason.

Because they don't play with a central forward and don't have enough players who can dribble through the center. None of them can shoot from distance either except Coutinho and Can.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because they don't play with a central forward and don't have enough players who can dribble through the center. None of them can shoot from distance either except Coutinho and Can.

Tactics.

Serious question. What center forward can they get that is a legitimate upgrade on Firmino though?

I think Firmino works great if Mane and Salah are in, but against these Low block teams he is not clinical enough. I'd rather go diamond with Sturridge and Solanke honestly and have Robertson spam crosses into the box.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I agree Sturridge is a great striker with space but versus a parked the bus team he is useless. I would have loved to see Solanke start that game.

Firmino works hard, he has good vision, he can control the ball and dribble but he is not a pure striker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad