8:30
Chelsea - Arsenal

11:00
Man Utd - Everton

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
We won't lose to Burnley. In fact were going to win by 2 or more.

Chelsea/Arsenal should be interesting.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We won't lose to Burnley. In fact were going to win by 2 or more.

Chelsea/Arsenal should be interesting.

It's a game where I'm expecting them to get absolutely battered, but I thought the same before the FA Cup Final.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
God I hate 8:30 kick-off. We should beat Arsenal. We're in a good patch of form, and I think Hazard will probably start this weekend. It'd be neat if Conte started Zappacosta over Moses, he's looked very bright so far.

My projected XI:

Morata
Hazard - Pedro
Alonso - Bakayoko - Kante - Zappacosta
Cahill - Luiz - Azpi
Courtois​

Very possible that Christensen starts over Cahill.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Can someone explain this bit of NBCSN's coverage to me?

Coming into the season, I was under the impression that to watch any game not being televised, you had to purchase their online streaming option.

I don't believe Liverpool/Watford was televised on matchday one, but I watched the match on the NBCSN app just like I had in years past.

What's the deal?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Can someone explain this bit of NBCSN's coverage to me?

Coming into the season, I was under the impression that to watch any game not being televised, you had to purchase their online streaming option.

I don't believe Liverpool/Watford was televised on matchday one, but I watched the match on the NBCSN app just like I had in years past.

What's the deal?

I haven't tried since the announcement in the summer, but maybe that was a free preview?

Maybe I'll give it a look tomorrow. It's so easy to find streams that honestly, NBC can shove it. I plan on cord cutting completely at this point.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I haven't tried since the announcement in the summer, but maybe that was a free preview?

Maybe I'll give it a look tomorrow. It's so easy to find streams that honestly, NBC can shove it. I plan on cord cutting completely at this point.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Would you mind sending me a PM with where you usually look? I'd like to avoid spending $50 when my team is televised more often than not.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not sure why Ibe hasn't had more time; Howe was hyping him all summer and he was apparently one of their brightest players in preseason.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Bournemouth are probably going down this year. All that after some people bigged up Eddie Howe.

At the very least I can see them regressing quite a bit. Good a signing as Defoe is, scoring goals wasn't their weakness last season- there's a risk that he'll simply take goals away from King. Meanwhile, betting the farm on Nathan Ake in terms of defensive strengthening strikes me as a huge gamble. After all, when Ake was on loan to Bournemouth during the first half of last season he only started eight games. That's an expensive Damascene conversion on Howe's part.

Last night's win may set Bournemouth going, but their wait for a clean sheet continues, despite Brighton being one of the league's less threatening sides going forward. That hardly bodes well for future games.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Will Crystal Palace finally score a goal today?

One game in, and Roy has a record already: longest goal drought to begin a season (beating Graeme Souness' Newcastle team. Having failed to score in their first four games of 2005/06, NUFC signed Michael Owen. Fascinatingly, the deal was widely dismissed as a 'trophy signing'. Obviously, these people were engaging in thoughtful analysis, and by no means throwing a tantrum like jealous eight year olds who've just seen another child grab the last popular, expensive toy that they wanted off the shelf).

And when you consider that Southampton had failed to hit the back of the net in three of their first four games, we know that Hodgson's magic hasn't deserted him.

I love the Saints' new home shirt- another throwback to my childhood. Unfortunately, the aesthetic appeal stops there. Notwithstanding this win, it's hard to see them regaining much, if any, of the ground they lost last season unless come January they spend the Jay Rodriguez money on boosting their threat in the final third.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->