GWT: PL matchweek 4

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
From going down 2 to tied, I feel pretty happy with the win. But it still stings knowing if Brighton was just slightly more clinical it would have been 3-2, but what ever we shall take the point and hopefully remain above Man U in the table after tomorrow ;)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah and Walter Benitez yesterday made amazing saves for Nice against Lyon, including a double save at the 89th and an glorious one at the 94th. Nice won that game 1-0 only because of him.

Doesn't make him a top 10 goalie.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Newcastle are so pathetic. Might be the worst team in the EPL this year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
His squad is awful, so I can't totally blame him for this.
Though I don't believe Rafa should/can manager a big club anymore, Benitez is the only real reason why they didn't get relegated last year and why their chances of staying up are much greater than without him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Though I don't believe Rafa should/can manager a big club anymore, Benitez is the only real reason why they didn't get relegated last year and why their chances of staying up are much greater than without him.
He'd be better suited at a mid table club with ambitions to improve themselves.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He'd be better suited at a mid table club with ambitions to improve themselves.
Someone like West Ham would've been perfect for him. Just don't see how he deserves any blame in all honesty - that Magpie owner Ashley is a complete virus.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not too bothered by the Alisson error considering it had no real impact on the result. That being said it's better that a mistake gets punished now so he can play differently in more important games. It was really stupid. He needs to learn that he won't have as much time on the ball as in Italy, as players in England are much more willing to close down the goalkeeper.

Also, people overreacted to the performance as Leicester didn't have a sniff besides the mistake. Gomez was very good. Top teams have to learn how to get three points while only playing decent, which is what Liverpool did today. That's how teams win things as it's never going to turn out that they play great every game. Early last season, and in fact early this season, City has been doing the same thing. If not for the mistake they wouldn't have given up a goal in four games, so I'm really not worried about the performance level.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Another poor performance from my City, this time it brought the W.

Once again Aguero sucked, gotta stop waiting and start doing stuff again Kun,
i wouldn't start him vs Fulham.

Too many players are waiting something to happen instead of doing things for goals in the last 3rd.
Walker did and look what happened. <<goal>>

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I don't blame him at all, I just don't see why he doesn't pull the cord and bail.

Actually, I don't see why he joined up in the first place...

If he moves to another club before his contract ends, they'd have to pay Newcastle £5 or 6 million.

He wants to work in England because his family home is there. He's being well paid, he likes the city and the fanbase, and they love him. The stories about him suggest he's obsessed with football, so even a few months without coaching would probably eat away at him. And in theory (though not in practice) between now and 30 June the club could be bought by a member of the human race who gives Benitez a budget bigger than £-20 million.

He joined because he underestimated the full extent of Ashley's greed, ego and vindictiveness. That caused him to underestimate how far Newcastle United is from being a football club in any meaningful sense and perceive untapped potential.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What do you guys think of Kepa so far? From the games I've watched he's looked shaky. I don't know if it's just that I've been watching at the wrong times or if it's him adjusting to the PL still or what but I think all of the story lines around Chelsea have been sheltering him from the media.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Mahrez is too anxious to score his 1st goal for City tbh, which leads to poor decisions.

He shouldn't worry about that. When he hasn't been trying too hard, he's been good tbh

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I usually find these kinds of videos over-critical, but this one definitely is not. As soon as Fabinho is ready to play Klopp's running tactics, Henderson should be basically banished from the team. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team played worse with him in it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I usually find these kinds of videos over-critical, but this one definitely is not. As soon as Fabinho is ready to play Klopp's running tactics, Henderson should be basically banished from the team. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team played worse with him in it.

LFC fans finally getting it?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
LFC fans finally getting it?

Sometimes he's good. But against Brighton and Leicester he was a total disaster. Liverpool were no longer under pressure once he was substituted out, and Shaqiri did particularly well ensuring that Leicester was forced to defend constantly instead of chase a second goal.

Our third or fourth best #6 shouldn't play very much. IMO anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad