GWT: PL Matchweek 27

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
We've had scoring chances in this game :dunno:

Sometimes bad things happen. It's football.

They're not never going to lose again.
I don't know what you're arguing against or why you're saying these things. Liverpool have not created a lot of scoring chances this game, and created nothing against Atletico. Who is saying they'll go undefeated forever or that bad things don't happen?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know what you're arguing against or why you're saying these things. Liverpool have not created a lot of scoring chances this game, and created nothing against Atletico. Who is saying they'll go undefeated forever or that bad things don't happen?
I'm saying that they've been poor today (I agree with that) and that it's inevitable. It's not keeping me up tonight.

That said, I think comparing this to the Atletico game is a bit disingenuous. We had more shots on target by minute 9 of this game than we did against Atletico.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How was that not a foul on van Dijk? The guy jumped right into him (Haller) and didn't get the ball. He has to be the hardest done by player in the league lol

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I know how this is football, but two goals coming from a howler by the goalkeeper and a fortuitous bounce to go from no points to three points just shows how Liverpool is getting all of the bounces this season. Obviously good teams get lucky but it's still remarkable

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I know how this is football, but two goals coming from a howler by the goalkeeper and a fortuitous bounce to go from no points to three points just shows how Liverpool is getting all of the bounces this season. Obviously good teams get lucky but it's still remarkable

When teams keep shooting the ball at bad goalkeepers, eventually one will go in.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Took my shirt off for nothing :(
i found this image for nothing
good-burger-969783ae-2bfd-430e-be1c-8df97144ac7-resize-750.jpg

Reactions: Machinehead

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There's definitely an element that looks very fortunate on Liverpool, but I think that there's also a level of pressure and refusal to give up that allows them to do things like this though. They force teams into an effort that's unsustainable in defending and heap pressure on without necessarily creating clear cut chances but threatening with creating chances that forces exertion from the opposition defenders that almost forces mistakes over the full 90.

In a sense they create their own 'luck' a lot of the time. Though yes it does seem like a lot of things are falling for them even that aside.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Liverpool is so lucky all the time, I’m starting to wonder if maybe they’re just really good. Waiting to see more to confirm, though.
Obviously they're a fantastic club. Which is why I put in that last line. The Blues don't win the Cup last year without their fair share of bounces - hell, Jamie Benn probably should have put us out in Round 2. That doesn't mean they haven't gotten some luck. A ball going through the hands and legs of a goalkeeper is some luck. It's okay to admit that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad