GWT: PL Matchweek 27

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I'm not sure either set of supporters is coming out of this looking very shiny, to be honest. The amount of energy you (as a collective) devote to whining about Arsenal seems unhealthy and generally boring.

This would be all well and good if it weren't for the fact that it's always Arsenal fans bringing themselves up. f*** Arsenal and Liverpool both, but the notion that this is Arsenal livin' rent free in the heads of Liverpool supporters is just not true at all.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This would be all well and good if it weren't for the fact that it's always Arsenal fans bringing themselves up. f*ck Arsenal and Liverpool both, but the notion that this is Arsenal livin' rent free in the heads of Liverpool supporters is just not true at all.
Yeh.

Nobody was talking about Arsenal until someone said Arsenal were the best team ever and everyone except Hatterson knew it...or something.

Records or whatever are fine but I don’t consider the ‘Invincibles’ (who did in fact lose multiple games that season) to be the best by any stretch. Not even top 3. Moving on.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yeh.

Nobody was talking about Arsenal until someone said Arsenal were the best team ever and everyone except Hatterson knew it...or something.

Records or whatever are fine but I don’t consider the ‘Invincibles’ (who did in fact lose multiple games that season) to be the best by any stretch. Not even top 3. Moving on.

Jersey wasn't referring to only this discussion.

There have been plenty of discussions where someone tries to troll or banter about Arsenal and when AB hits back they cry back in their shell and start complaining.

Then the hot takes come out to "put Arsenal fans in their place". As if acting full Pejorative Slur is the way to handle this.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Jersey wasn't referring to only this discussion.

There have been plenty of discussions where someone tries to troll or banter about Arsenal and when AB hits back they cry back in their shell and start complaining.

Then the hot takes come out to "put Arsenal fans in their place". As if acting full Pejorative Slur is the way to handle this.
Yeah. I’m retiring from this.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I assume you won't be claiming an undefeated season this year then?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
12 draws. Even if the EPL was the hardest ever (really wasn’t), isn’t as impressive as what Liverpool might do.

the whole discussion is silly, but I’m responding to the constant drive back to it. Much of the discussion over undefeated this invincibles that is driven by Arsenal supporters. I stand with the belief that they won’t do it, and honestly, I’m less concerned about that in the chance that it could distract from silverware. Win trophies. Period. This Liverpool side rightfully will finish among the best ever, VAR, modern game, or whatever. Where will be interesting to see as there’s still a ways to go, but the parade is going for a bit longer it seems.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
I'm a Gunners fan who only occasionally comments on this board, and i have a few other Arsenal fans on ignore. If other Arsenal fans can't recognize who is usually instigating things, then I guess we'll just disagree.

On the topic, I don't want Liverpool to win out, because the "Invincibles" are unique in the modern English game. I don't think they are the best ever (I think this Pool team is honestly) but the undefeated season/49 unbeaten streak is something I hope Arsenal can still have. Now if Liverpool do it, more power to them and I won't lose sleep over it, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't matter.

Of course, the best team is the 94/95 Ajax squad, who went undefeated in the league and the Champions league

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
On the topic, I don't want Liverpool to win out, because the "Invincibles" are unique in the modern English game. I don't think they are the best ever (I think this Pool team is honestly) but the undefeated season/49 unbeaten streak is something I hope Arsenal can still have. Now if Liverpool do it, more power to them and I won't lose sleep over it, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't matter.

This is where I stand as well. I'm cheering for Pool to lose just so we can have the invincible to hold on to. Yeah it was a while, yeah there was more draws; however it was unique and it's such a huge pillar of my Arsenal fandom. Would sting to have to share the invincible title with another English team.

All this being said, this Pool team is definitely the greatest English team of all time. I have been wavering on it for a while now, but it's hard to argue against their play since the start of 2019. If they manage to win the CL and the Prem that will solidify things even further.....Hopefully they win the Prem with at least one loss though ;)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It will be fun if Liverpool stay undefeated until the game at the Emirates and lose their invincible run. If that;s the circumstances around the match, May 2nd will be Arsenal fans 'trophy-finals" game....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad