GWT: PL Matchweek 24/25

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. I mean Morata didn’t have a hot start at Chelsea himself.....

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Chelsea are 6th in goals...but 2nd in passes, 2nd in touches, 2nd in shots, 2nd in average possession, 3rd in goals against.

Ok. Not sure if you’re agreeing with my assessment of their attacking talent being bad or using this as a counterargument?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He had a lot of headers, not really sustainable.

Sure. I’m not defending Morata who I consider one of the most overrated players in the world. Got a lot of flack from Spursfans on a Spursboard for being happy Spurs didn’t break the bank for him. My point was rather that Higuan isn’t that much better just because he scored one nice goal against the worst team in the league. I’m still not convinced he’ll score that many more in the PL.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sure. I’m not defending Morata who I consider one of the most overrated players in the world. Got a lot of flack from Spursfans on a Spursboard for being happy Spurs didn’t break the bank for him. My point was rather that Higuan isn’t that much better just because he scored one nice goal against the worst team in the league. I’m still not convinced he’ll score that many more in the PL.
He's been better so far because his ability to play with the team has been better. Morata got off to a hot start scoring a bunch of mostly header goals, but he was always dead weight outside of that. Morata always had to be carried while defending and attacking, he was practically useless outside of driving the box looking for crosses to come in. Higuain has actually been moving the ball around with other players, trying to make runs to get open, holding the ball up to create space, etc. so far.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hazard with another to make it 3-0.

Higuain teed up by Kante makes it 4-0.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Hazard is the best player in the UK. Chelsea needs to keep him. The whole team looks better with Higuain. Then again, this is against a terrible team. Much better than Wednesday.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah Morata wasn't ever doing that lol

Obviously a few games is too early to make a full assessment, but Higuain has in every part of the play looked a serious upgrade. His movement and interplay is just a step above.

4-0 is necessary, GD is gonna be big in the top four race.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Obviously it was just Huddersfield, but I'm very glad to see the team react positively to Sarri eviscerating them in his press conference at midweek. Hazard plays well when he's enjoying himself, and he looked like he was having a great time and having fun today - seems he's reacting positively to both Sarri's motivation and the acquisition of a striker. Three point are obviously fantastic, but the really really good thing here is the goal difference. Making up for the Bournemouth result (and then +1 on top of that) is absolutely huge.

Both United and Arsenal have tricky matches tomorrow that they could absolutely drop points in. Praying for Leicester and expecting Man City to pull through for us tomorrow. Our next two league matches are City (a) and Spurs (h), so the rivals dropping points tomorrow would be immense. Fingers crossed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad