GWT: PL Matchweek 24/25

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is the first time Liverpool dropped points to City in around a month, while gaining points the whole time. Including against Leicester.

Re.

lax.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You think they really have the same personality?
Both are "passionate" to the point of being obnoxious and interfering (Mourinho with water bottles, Klopp with running on to hug Allison). Both routinely blame others for their losses. Both demand a certain type of player. Both spend 100s of millions on players. Yeah, there're a lot of similarities.
Totally different personalities. Both very whiny.
Okay, different, but very similar.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Both have inflated egos.
However, one is suceeding and backing it up, the other is failing but still considers himself as the best.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Both are "passionate" to the point of being obnoxious and interfering (Mourinho with water bottles, Klopp with running on to hug Allison). Both routinely blame others for their losses. Both demand a certain type of player. Both spend 100s of millions on players. Yeah, there're a lot of similarities.

Okay, different, but very similar.
I dunno...feels like a bit of a stretch to me but to each their own. I think Klopp is passionate for sure, but I think most of his 'antics' are more impulsive while Mourinho's are more calculated and intentional. Klopp also doesn't seem to be super full of himself to me. He can definitely be a bit whiny at times but I think all the top coaches do that, and most top players; it's something that seems to go hand in hand with the top echelon of competitiveness.

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I dunno...feels like a bit of a stretch to me but to each their own. I think Klopp is passionate for sure, but I think most of his 'antics' are more impulsive while Mourinho's are more calculated and intentional. Klopp also doesn't seem to be super full of himself to me. He can definitely be a bit whiny at times but I think all the top coaches do that, and most top players; it's something that seems to go hand in hand with the top echelon of competitiveness.

Let's also not forget the countless instances of Mourinho starting wars through the press or personally insulting other players and coaches. Also that fight with Chelsea's staff earlier this season.

The only way one can compare them is if they have irrational hatred. Bottom line.

For what it's worth I thought Klopp was complaining about the added time, which was a fair complaint considering the amount of dead period in those last three minutes. Then Pellegrini let him have it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The thing with the Chelsea coaches definitely not something I’m gonna hold against Mou. If a coach or player came into Klopps technical area and celebrated right in his face Klopp would be rightly insulted and would absolutely react. As would any coach, that’s just a stupid and shitty thing to do.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The thing with the Chelsea coaches definitely not something I’m gonna hold against Mou. If a coach or player came into Klopps technical area and celebrated right in his face Klopp would be rightly insulted and would absolutely react. As would any coach, that’s just a stupid and ****ty thing to do.

If I remember right, the fight didn't start until a minute or two later. I could be wrong though and am definitely not speaking with confidence here.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The thing with the Chelsea coaches definitely not something I’m gonna hold against Mou. If a coach or player came into Klopps technical area and celebrated right in his face Klopp would be rightly insulted and would absolutely react. As would any coach, that’s just a stupid and ****ty thing to do.

Yeah that one was low-key completely on the Chelsea assistant and not on Mou at all. There's a reason why Sarri apologized for it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If I remember right, the fight didn't start until a minute or two later. I could be wrong though and am definitely not speaking with confidence here.

The assistant ran past Mourinho once and did a fist pump right in front of him. Then 10 seconds later he ran back past and said something. Mourinho reacted almost immediately and then security jumped in.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

No Chelsea scored the tying goal near the end of the game and ran past Mou and the bench celebrating and on his way back he stopped and celebrated right in Mou’s face. And Mou was rightly upset about that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fair enough, I thought it went differently, but I don't usually remember those details when it comes to rivals.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That’s fair. I was being overly simplistic for the sake of comparison, but my general point is that they’re more similar than their reputations would have you believe.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That’s fair. I was being overly simplistic for the sake of comparison, but my general point is that they’re more similar than their reputations would have you believe.

Honestly I don’t really see it. Klopps is pretty charismatic and people like him. Mou is negative, mean, an egomaniac and doesn’t get along with anyone. Both whine a lot but that’s nothing uncommon with managers.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Honestly I don’t really see it. Klopps is pretty charismatic and people like him. Mou is negative, mean, an egomaniac and doesn’t get along with anyone. Both whine a lot but that’s nothing uncommon with managers.

I don´t think that is true at all. Just take Ibrahimovic as an example - you don´t think he gets along with Mourinho?

Considering how "controversial" Mourinho is among fans (this board being a good example) it is quite surprising how few players have come out against him.

Not that I like Mourinho, but it seems like his relationship with people is a lot better in private than you might think watching him on TV.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Let us wait and see if Liverpool lose it before determining if they have "choked". Drawing against two decent teams isn´t choking. But I guess regardless a choker will win it in the end. City surely choked as well against Newcastle then?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Klopp's a genuinely good dude who cares about the collective. Every manager has to have an ego, (as with any successful person) , but it's nothing like Jose.

Mourinho is driven by ego and from being slighted earlier in his career. His words : " I don't belong to the football tribe." Translation: he feels like an outcast and that's fuelled him his entire career. It started at Barca , and his response was to just win trophies at all cost. He's really nothing like Klopp and he's very much an individualist in his pursuits.

That said, I don't think Mourinho is a bad guy away from the pitch at all. I just think he's in the game for different reasons than Klopp.

If I'm an owner , I'd want Klopp to be my manager every day of the week over Jose , but I could understand someone feeling differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad