GWT: PL Matchweek 24/25

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah those coaches who had favourable decisions throughout the game and then they dare to whine to the ref, that's quite something. Multiple times I've seen it.
I remember Hoffenheim's coach doing it against Lyon after some awful calls that went his way.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Kyle Martino just had a great analogy:

Liverpool are like the juggler at the circus, really entertaining, throwing bowling pins in the air. But now the bowling pins have turned into chain saws. They are still REALLY entertaining and you want to watch, but it's more dangerous now.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
All this ref favoritism for LFC this year and they still only hold a 3 pt lead. Pathetic.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, his griping, like any good managers is more for setting up the next call he gets.

I’m ok with drawing Leicester, but this one was a stinker. Lallana is spent

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Klopp going after the refs for something.

He should go after the attackers who didn’t play well
I thought Mane played well. Firmino and Salah were both pretty poor though. Shaqiri isn't good enough, despite how opportunistic he was early on when the others were doing better for him and Origi is obviously not at that level. Maybe this summer we get a real offensive rotational option with Mane/Salah/Firmino because they can't shoulder that burden the entire season by themselves. Lallana, Milner and Matip need to go, but hopefully they can dig deep to finish out this season.

It's gonna be hard to go out and repeat the success they've had next year without some reinforcements and City are not slowing down at all so...

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Kyle Martino just had a great analogy:

Liverpool are like the juggler at the circus, really entertaining, throwing bowling pins in the air. But now the bowling pins have turned into chain saws. They are still REALLY entertaining and you want to watch, but it's more dangerous now.

The difference here is that the if you go see a juggler you don't expect them to look like they're cracking under the pressure. Liverpool look like they are.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The difference here is that the if you go see a juggler you don't expect them to look like they're cracking under the pressure. Liverpool look like they are.

Well, at least unlike Spurs, they can draw and get a point when they aren't good. Spurs lose all 3 points.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I mean, his griping, like any good managers is more for setting up the next call he gets.

I’m ok with drawing Leicester, but this one was a stinker. Lallana is spent
Lallana is not good enough. It became very clear when he was the best bench option in the CL final. Neither is Origi.

I don't know if Klopp forbids shots from 18+ but it seems like it. Harry Wilson should get a serious look next season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool have looked like this most of the season; I don't think that it's a pressure thing. They're just not getting the same bounces or one moment of magic here or there at this time. I remember after they very clearly outplayed PSG and got that win they went for a long stretch where they looked terrible but they were still winning games...this is not the same kind of well oiled machine City is that looks like it'll win every game. They're definitely grinding out a lot of points at the moment and while they are still the better team in a lot of the games, they're just not creating enough offence to look dominant and have that confidence of this being theirs to lose.

That's not to say they can't win the title or find that spark again, but right now they don't look like title winners to me. Something has to change for the end of season push or they'll finish in 2nd/3rd.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s a lot to ask of Milner to play RB. Especially when the last three teams we’ve played have pretty good wide players. That was a big mistake (letting Clyne go).

Keita has been poor. He’s not ready; but they have to play him because Henderson is almost as fragile as Lallana, and they’ve run Gini into the ground. Throw in Fabinho getting sick, and I think there’s an argument to be made that they needed a midfielder at the start of the season, and they most certainly needed one now. I guess they thought Ox was close, and they could bridge it until he got ready.

In the attack, Sturridge needs more time than he’s going to get. Origi isn’t good enough for some mid table sides, none the less top 4.

Defensively? I mean, they’ve had half of Lovren all season, and Gomez coming back from injury?

They needed a few things and didn’t get them. I know they have faith in the kids, but they’re not playing them in big matches

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Lallana is not good enough. It became very clear when he was the best bench option in the CL final. Neither is Origi.

I don't know if Klopp forbids shots from 18+ but it seems like it. Harry Wilson should get a serious look next season.
They’re going to sell Harry Wilson this summer for a hefty profit. I like him, but Klopp won’t give him the time to work it out in Liverpool when he thinks he can win a title or a CL. If someone will give them 18-20, they’ll snap their hands off.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They’re going to sell Harry Wilson this summer for a hefty profit. I like him, but Klopp won’t give him the time to work it out in Liverpool when he thinks he can win a title or a CL. If someone will give them 18-20, they’ll snap their hands off.
That would be silly. Realistically they should have kept him instead of buying Shaqiri in the summer (and bought a more adequate back-up for the front trio), but his development at Derby has been great and he should definitely get a chance to stick around next season.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I hope not. He seems to be scoring from 18+ yards for fun and it would be nice to have someone unafraid to have a pop against teams that want to sit off - i.e. 14 of the 20 teams in the league.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Just saw the exchange with Pellegrini, too. No idea what he's saying, but the gesticulating tells me they're arguing and you know Pellegrini wouldn't have said anything to set it off. Dude needs to keep it together.

Anyway, I fully expected another 4-1. It'd be nice if they were this committed every week.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Good thing Klopp has the experience. So that he can keep his cool.

Rice is a special kind of talent. Will be interesting to see how he develops. If he can continue on the path he is now there won’t be too many CM/DMs better than him in a couple of years. Still early days of course.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Just saw the exchange with Pellegrini, too. No idea what he's saying, but the gesticulating tells me they're arguing and you know Pellegrini wouldn't have said anything to set it off. Dude needs to keep it together.

Anyway, I fully expected another 4-1. It'd be nice if they were this committed every week.

Pellegrini bringing that fire

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp accusing the ref of bias in the second half because of the missed offside in the first half.
Klopp does this to take heat off the players. Same as when he complains about the weather. Nothing to see here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad