GWT: PL Matchweek 24/25

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pfft, most of us think destiny means they’ll choke it.
The term choke is used too often. City have much better depth, are better overall, and are more consistent. I mean you can call it a choke because Liverpool are ahead but again, these types of results were never overly unlikely (assuming this result holds or gets worse).

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The term choke is used too often. City have much better depth, are better overall, and are more consistent. I mean you can call it a choke because Liverpool are ahead but again, these types of results were never overly unlikely (assuming this result holds or gets worse).

I would have to agree, City is too good and there is too much time left in the season. If they lose a 7 point lead with 3 matches to go or something, then you could call it a choke.

Reactions: YNWA14

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They were top at Christmas. They could have logically had a 7 point, or more, lead. If they collapse, it’s still a big if, even if they have a better squad, it’s a choke.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I personally think they gambled the injury game in not adding come January and might lose it.

Best chance they’ve ever had at winning it all, and I think they should’ve gone out and got something

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
They were top at Christmas. They could have logically had a 7 point, or more, lead. If they collapse, it’s still a big if, even if they have a better squad, it’s a choke.
As said above...if we were later in the season maybe. There's still plenty of games to play. I don't know why Christmas is used as a benchmark given how much of the season is left.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
As said above...if we were later in the season maybe. There's still plenty of games to play. I don't know why Christmas is used as a benchmark given how much of the season is left.
Look at the historical record. I understand it’s somewhat different when you have what’s honestly a great team in City, but historically, when you’re up this much, you don’t lose it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not like top 4 teams came in and thrashed them.

They dropped to Leicester with a chance to go up 7 and now they're dropping to West Ham.

I would argue they never should have been in that position, but they were.

Pathetic.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
City are an historically dominant team in the PL era. Liverpool are still a thin squad overall and have a bunch of injury issues at the moment. Their handling of that situation could have been a lot better, but ultimately, like I said at Christmas, I don't think that they're the favourites to win the title really. I think City have just as good a chance and it could go either way.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
City are an historically dominant team in the PL era. Liverpool are still a thin squad overall and have a bunch of injury issues at the moment. Their handling of that situation could have been a lot better, but ultimately, like I said at Christmas, I don't think that they're the favourites to win the title really. I think City have just as good a chance and it could go either way.

If you swap Spurs for Liverpool, I would say the same thing. When the season started I said City/Liverpool/Spurs. I still say that will be it.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I don't know what the diagnosis is. Other than the goal that shouldn't have counted, not a peep from the front three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad