GWT: PL Matchweek 24/25

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That is why it is so pointless complaining the way Klopp does. Not that he is the worst, but... (I generally like Klopp).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Multiple West Ham players stopped playing, looked at the official, and complained immediately after.
If you say so; didn't see it on the replay they showed where the linesman was. Everyone was running where Milner/Mane was, but as mentioned not really relevant to whether he was offside (which he obviously was).

Would have been interested to see how the Salah play went as it was a pretty similar situation, but eh. There was also the Ogbonna tip out for a goal kick there along with the other things that linesman has missed. He's just having an all around terrible game.

Liverpool need to be sharper in the final 3rd regardless. They've been in plenty of dangerous positions, but they'll lose this game if it goes as it has with their set piece coverage (the worst I've seen in a long time).

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Antonio picking up a knock is really a microcosm of the season, with all the injuries. Can't develop any consistency when important players are constantly shuffling in and out.

Also looks like Antonio may have been hurt in the celebration of his goal...
Was it the celebration or the shot? If it was the celebration, that's a classic West Ham thing to happen.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If you say so; didn't see it on the replay they showed where the linesman was. Everyone was running where Milner/Mane was, but as mentioned not really relevant to whether he was offside (which he obviously was).

Would have been interested to see how the Salah play went as it was a pretty similar situation, but eh. There was also the Ogbonna tip out for a goal kick there along with the other things that linesman has missed. He's just having an all around terrible game.

Liverpool need to be sharper in the final 3rd regardless. They've been in plenty of dangerous positions, but they'll lose this game if it goes as it has with their set piece coverage (the worst I've seen in a long time).

Why does it matter if West Ham players knew it was offside or not? They're paying attention on their job.. the LINESmen didn't and he failed. End of story.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Antonio picking up a knock is really a microcosm of the season, with all the injuries. Can't develop any consistency when important players are constantly shuffling in and out.

Was it the celebration or the shot? If it was the celebration, that's a classic West Ham thing to happen.

He didn't seem to react until players jumped on him in the celebration. It's possible it happened on the shot but he didn't feel anything right away/Adrenalin masked it for a bit.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why does it matter if West Ham players knew it was offside or not? They're paying attention on their job.. the LINESmen didn't and he failed. End of story.
I was saying everyone was watching Lallana, which is why it got missed, including the linesman. If this is the kind of thing you guys want to get up in arms over that's fine. Enjoy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was saying everyone was watching Lallana, which is why it got missed, including the linesman. If this is the kind of thing you guys want to get up in arms over that's fine. Enjoy.
There is no excuse for that kind of call. If you want to down play it or justify be my guest but reverse the roles and you'd be raging.

I know I would

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There is no excuse for that kind of call. If you want to down play it or justify be my guest but reverse the roles and you'd be raging.

I know I would
I'm not justifying anything. It was a terrible call. Someone said that the linesman was watching Lallana; I was agreeing and saying that everyone was watching Lallana.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I could smell the Liverpooling when they lost to City. And here we are. Full-blown Liverpooling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad