GWT: PL Matchweek 16

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Arsenal have finished above United for 5 of the last 6 seasons so I would keep quiet if I were you.

Difference here is that Jussi doesn't claim that United are "mighty" right now, while you try and squeeze the word in to every post you make about Arsenal.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal have finished above United for 5 of the last 6 seasons so I would keep quiet if I were you.
Big difference is he isn't on this board regularly claiming United have top players at every position, while you certainly do about Arsenal.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Difference here is that Jussi doesn't claim that United are "mighty", while you try and squeeze it into every post about Arsenal.

United are as mighty as it gets with their 20 League Titles. Arsenal have won 13 leagues, the most FA Cups of any team and an invincible title. If you have a rich history of titles and a large fanbase, you will always be mighty no matter how you are doing right now. That is why teams like Villa, Nottingham, Sunderland, Wolves, Everton and Leeds will always mightier than Sp*rs, the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: you support.

I criticize Arsenal on here all the time by the way, I am in no way being an overoptimist.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Big difference is he isn't on this board regularly claiming United have top players at every position, while you certainly do about Arsenal.

That isn't relevant to if a club is mighty or not though is it? I never claimed we had top centre backs, defensive midfielders, box to box midfielders or goalkeepers either and I criticize Arsenal on here every week so it goes both ways doesn't it?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'll take the point against wolves. Solidbtunband now we got to go up against blasted Palace next week. Derby here we come

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
United are as mighty as it gets with their 20 League Titles. Arsenal have won 13 leagues, the most FA Cups of any team and an invincible title. If you have a rich history of titles and a large fanbase, you will always be mighty no matter how you are doing right now. That is why teams like Villa, Nottingham, Sunderland, Wolves, Everton and Leeds will always mightier than Sp*rs, the c*nts you support.

What the f*** are you on about now. How is this about Spurs all of a sudden?

All I'm saying is that your defense to Jussi's on-point mockery was extremely weak, considering that he doesn't constantly refer to United as "mighty".

Besides, I thought all your cared about was "history and prestige" anyway, not recent performance.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Gary Neville might've been a **** coach, but I will actually go to bat for him as a pundit.

I nerve thought he would be so good at it.

My point about the pundits on the Pereira tackle is that no one on Sky Sports even brought it up. And watching post game studios of other networks on Youtube, no one else seemed to either. That alone should be evidence enough that it was a non-issue.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That Matt Targett attempted leg breaker today that only got a yellow was worse than any tackle yesterday that didn't result in a red.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Biggest match of the year for Arsenal vs West Ham tomorrow. If they lose this they could find themselves in the bottom three by January. Tough schedule ahead.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
United are as mighty as it gets with their 20 League Titles. Arsenal have won 13 leagues, the most FA Cups of any team and an invincible title. If you have a rich history of titles and a large fanbase, you will always be mighty no matter how you are doing right now. That is why teams like Villa, Nottingham, Sunderland, Wolves, Everton and Leeds will always mightier than Sp*rs, the ***** you support.

I criticize Arsenal on here all the time by the way, I am in no way being an overoptimist.
lol like a Dallas Cowboys or Montreal Canadians fan, always needing to point out ancient history in order to puff out yr chest about how mighty we used to be

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
lol like a Dallas Cowboys or Montreal Canadians fan, always needing to point out ancient history in order to puff out yr chest about how mighty we used to be

At least we are still mightier than Spurs, won so much more than you THIS DECADE. As a Sp*rs fan you have no reason to call me out on that, since you have no recent success, and no historic success, to talk about. Also, if you think 1989-2004 is ancient, something is wrong. That is very recent considering how long the sport has existed for.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Missing the point once again. Nobody is de-legitimizing Arsenal's prior success. It's just that it is largely irrelevant to most discussions on this board.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Missing the point once again. Nobody is de-legitimizing Arsenal's prior success. It's just that it is largely irrelevant to most discussions on this board.

This discussion was about how mighty a club is, which largely has to do with prior success. What I said was fully relevant to that.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
This discussion was about how mighty a club is, which largely has to do with prior success. What I said was fully relevant to that.

No. It started with banter aimed towards your boastfulness of Arsenal's perceived "mightiness". The discussion was never about which club was mightier. You always twist the discussion into becoming just that though, because you think it makes you win arguments in most cases. But in reality it makes you look like an absolute fool.

Reactions: mmvvpp

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This discussion is hilarious when a team is 19 points behind Leicester City. 27 behind Liverpool. Save it for another year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This discussion is hilarious when a team is 19 points behind Leicester City. 27 behind Liverpool. Save it for another year.
Considering Arsenal has as good an attack as Liverpool, the best midfielder between the two teams and easily the best fullbacks going on top of a great young keeper and the best youth crop in history (not just the PL) I think he’s well within his rights.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
OK, OK, guys, save your quips for tonight, don't want to waste all your good material now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad