GWT: PL Matchweek 16

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Grealish gives Villa a lifeline. 1-2 at halftime.

Not sure he is any worse than Maddison. Similar players.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Yes, if there had been a very serious injury as a result, I would have understood it being a red due to that.

Granted the PL did overturn Son's red, so clearly they didn't think that should have been.

And no, this was not remotely more reckless or dangerous that Son's tackle. Son's was worse.

No, it wasn't.
Pereira's a red, the fact that is not usually called a red doesn't mean that it isn't one.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No, it wasn't.
Pereira's a red, the fact that is not usually called a red doesn't mean that it isn't one.

Son’s was just an all around worse tackle, that shouldn’t even be really debatable.

And basically everyone agree that the only potential reason to give a red was because of the injury and the PL later rules that it doesn’t agree that’s a valid reason to give a red.

Look, if you want to argue that the rules should be changed so those types of fouls are reds, you won’t see much argument for me, just be prepared for a red basically every game until players adjust their behavior.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester flying with their 8th win in a row. 6 points up on Manchester City with a better goal differential as well. Vardy now has 16 goals in 16 games this year, 5 up on anyone else.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal has now dropped to 11th with the Newcastle win today, could be in 12th going into their game tomorrow if BHA wins.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Grealish gives Villa a lifeline. 1-2 at halftime.

Not sure he is any worse than Maddison. Similar players.

Grealish is terrific, but Maddison is better IMO. Grealish is in an unlucky spot where there's a real logjam for England in his position, and he's gonna find it tough to get into the 2020 team.

Reactions: Blender

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oh commentators or analyst didn’t think it was a red? For sure then it’s not lol.

I tend to take the word/opinions of Martin Tyler, Gary Neville, Micah Richards (granted he was out to lunch on the rule for handball in the Fed incident), Jamie Redknapp or Roy Keane over HFBoards posters who have no experience of playing or coaching from professional football.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh if that's the case then might as well lock this site up. I'll take the opinion of a ref over a random poster, could be cited over every incident on the field. Luckily we have Var now to show us how insane professionals can be.

and lol at Neville is that the same mouse that coached Valencia into the ground? Yeah, he's differently an authority.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Oh if that's the case then might as well lock this site up. I'll take the opinion of a ref over a random poster, could be cited over every incident on the field. Luckily we have Var now to show us how insane professionals can be.

and lol at Neville is that the same mouse that coached Valencia into the ground? Yeah, he's differently an authority.

And what is your coaching experience?

And it's like Neville hasn't been honest about his Valencia gig. The list HFboards posters admitting their failures or being wrong is a short one.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I remain undefeated in my coaching career. Having never lost a single game I coached in la liga. What has Neville done? Admitted he was a shit coach? lol that's the benchmark. I have admitted I was wrong on several players. Guess I'm as much an authority as Fergie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad