GWT: PL Matchweek 11

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Leicester sure knows the right seasons to be lucky.

Terrible team, terrible manager and yet get some bogus calls to get you points while the top 6 teams are having bad seasons has been a recipe that worked for them in the past.
You are so offbase once again, following in line with most of your other posts. Keep up the good work providing a good laugh for the rest of us on this board :thumbu:.

Reactions: Blender

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You are so offbase once again, following in line with most of your other posts. Keep up the good work providing a good laugh for the rest of us on this board :thumbu:.

(mod)

Solid performance by Leicester City. With their success so far this year and the winning streak for Chelsea going on right now I'm worried Arsenal will have to win the Europa League to find themselves in the CL...

Last edited by a moderator:

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I was hoping he wouldn't find his way over to the PL board....But here we are.

Solid performance by Leicester City. With their success so far this year and the winning streak for Chelsea going on right now I'm worried Arsenal will have to win the Europa League to find themselves in the CL...
Clubs in shambles

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Vardy the first player to 10 goals.

Tielemans was such a good buy, he's really revitalized himself at Leicester. Soyuncu continues to be one of, if not the best, performing defenders this year. Luck... :laugh:

Look at all this luck in the build up to this goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stray Wasp

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If Leicester beats Arsenal next week, they will be 9 points ahead of them. The top 4 could be wrapped up soon.
Leicester is clearly the better team in form and on paper, so I definitely expect them to win.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Leicester is clearly the better team in form and on paper, so I definitely expect them to win.

On paper Arsenal is the third best team in the league, but considering the manager, I expect us to lose yes. There is no way Leicester is a top 5 team in the PL on paper, their success is largely due to Brendan Rogers being absolutely brilliant.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Arsenal is as close to 17th place as they are to the top 4. They should worry about the the teams right behind them in the standings as much as the teams above them.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
On paper Arsenal is the third best team in the league, but considering the manager, I expect us to lose yes. There is no way Leicester is a top 5 team in the PL on paper, their success is largely due to Brendan Rogers being absolutely brilliant.
Leicester's midfield and defense is better than Arsenal's. The only place Arsenal is better is in their attacking options.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
lol Atkinson.

Waited like 30 seconds to even call the foul and then gives a yellow for it.

If it's bad enough for a yellow you shouldn't' need to wait so long to blow your whistle.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
jorghino and kovacic have been excellent this season for Chelsea. Big difference from Sarri to Lampard.
Massive difference for sure. Jorginho made a ton of pass last year, but they were mostly back or side passes to the defenders. He was expected to essentially slowly run in a straight line in his fixed position and stay in the formation for the entire game, it was easy to defend and it left him badly exposed when teams countered against us. Now he's expected to move a lot to support the attack and defense, and he has way more passing freedom. The result has been that he was been much more effective and such a better player.

Reactions: gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Leicester's midfield and defense is better than Arsenal's. The only place Arsenal is better is in their attacking options.

On paper Arsenal have a better defence fairly easially, the defensive structure as a unit obviously is not as good though . The midfielders are fairly even I would say.

A combined 11 based on ability, not form could look like

Leno

Bellerin - Holding - Söyüncü - Tierney

Tielemans - Torriera - Madisson

Pepe - Lacazette - Aubameyang

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
On paper Arsenal have a better defence fairly easially, the defensive structure as a unit obviously is not as good though . The midfielders are fairly even I would say.

Leno

Not a chance Leno or Bellerin are starting over Schmichel or Periera. Holding or Evans is at best a toss up with Evans looking the better choice now.

I would put Vardy over Lacazette easily in that formation as well.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Leno

Ricardo is better than Bellerin. Evans and Holding are about even in ability, with Evans in better form right now. Soyuncu is obvious. Tierney needs to prove his ability in the EPL before you can even argue to slot him over Chilwell, who has proven his quality. Leno hasn't been better than Schmeichel this season.

Ndidi, Tielemans, and Maddison are better than anyone Arsenal is playing right now.

Vardy is definitely better than one of Pepe or Lacazette, but none of Leicester's other attackers are.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So dumb to not let the on-field official look at the review with the off-field on radio and make a determination together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad