GWT: PL Matchweek 11

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yikes, I liked Mane, but he's becoming the Ashley Young of forwards.

Another dive, but this time he fortunately gets caught. I would be disgusted with him if I was a Liverpool fan, but considering how much they've defended all his past actions they will probably defend his yellow card tonight too...
It was actually an awful decision by the referee. He definately got stepped on the foot. He went down after which got him the yellow but honestly based on that yellow card and the VAR now I am confused on what is a foul or not anymore... is getting stomped on the foot a fool or not?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know if it's Chelsea being that good or Watford that awful but it should be 8-0 if not more.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ehhhhhhhhhhh, who I am supposed to believe? Is football a contact sport or not?

If he can stay on his feet without losing his balance but doesn’t, it is a dive. Way too many penalties this season have been harsh on the defender, United have had 4 unfairly given penalties.

Reactions: S E P H

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know if it's Chelsea being that good or Watford that awful but it should be 8-0 if not more.
I'd say 6-0 would be fair based on the quality of the chances. Ben Foster has been ridiculously good. 4 massive saves against Abraham, Pulisic, Mount, and Pulisic again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ehhhhhhhhhhh, who I am supposed to believe? Is football a contact sport or not?
I had no problem with the call then and I have no problem with it now. There were other, bigger errors

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's not a pen. Some contact on the foot, but it's not enough for a pen.

Deeply stupid challenge by Jorginho though.
Once again they reward a huge dive with a penalty. Deulofeu easily could have stayed on his feet, and he threw himself to ground when he realized Kepa was getting the ball, but then popped up immediately to go complain despite being "injured". VAR has been a joke.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So rule of thumb now is if you receive any shin-on-shin contact in the box, just throw yourself to the pitch and you'll get a penalty.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not the most convincing performance by Chelsea, but I'll take the win. You need to be able to grind out close ones to be a good team, so it's good to see.

Foster was 100% the man of the match. Stellar performance.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Foster is so f***ing good wow. What a performance.

Dreadfully refereed game. Not just the penalty, which was a f***ing joke, but a lot of just brutal calls and things let slide the whole game.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad