GWT: PL Matchweek 11

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Jorginho might be the best midfielder in the league this year, what a transformation from last season.

No, he is nowhere near the conversation for best midfielder in the league this year.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
One person here pointed out that Liverpool stole points. Which is not really right. They did not get overplay and certainly would not have worth to lose that game.
And where did anyone say City showed character? I mean, you’re already making a broad statement based on one person but still.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Who put up that graph a few weeks back that showed Auba’s league record for scoring goals vs the top 6 compared to his scoring record vs the rest of the league?

This thread could use it again.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yikes, I liked Mane, but he's becoming the Ashley Young of forwards.

Another dive, but this time he fortunately gets caught. I would be disgusted with him if I was a Liverpool fan, but considering how much they've defended all his past actions they will probably defend his yellow card tonight too...

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
City gets draws like freaking Preseton, Oxford United and a cakewalk group stage yet LFC has all the luck. Can't possibly be that they're simply the best in the world at the present and have been for a year or so
Also their champions league groups have been weak.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He definitely is, his offensive and defensive stats are through the roof this season.

I have been very impressed by him but he just can’t be compared to the likes of De Bruyne Silva and Fabinho. Also, what offensive stats are you referring too? Passes and pass compeltion % are completely irrelevant, the people who have the ball the most and take the least risks in passing, not necessary good passers. For example, Elneny always used to be among the best in the league there. He has been great though, but there are plenty of better midfielders, no doubt.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who put up that graph a few weeks back that showed Auba’s league record for scoring goals vs the top 6 compared to his scoring record vs the rest of the league?

This thread could use it again.
Isn't football a team sport? And Arsenal normally suck against the top 6 under the last two managers...I mean what type of desire is there when you go to Liverpool and are down 3-0 by half time. He's been heating up lately though against them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Aubameyang has outscored Agüero since he came to the PL by a considerable margin, despite playing on a much worse team without service. He would score 30+ on City every year. Lewandowski is not better, Auba was better in the Bundesliga and has developed more since he came to Arsenal. Ronaldo and Mbappe are not out and out strikers imo.
I don’t think there are many if any people that would take Aubameyang over Lewandowski or Aguero. Though every player and prospect at Arsenal is the best in the world which is why they are so dominant at every level I guess.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Auba has played on a much lower scoring team with less service. Scoring at .64 in the Premier League is more impressive than scoring at .84 in the Bundesliga, especially considering the quality of their teammates and opponents. Auba was better than Lewandowski during his last couple of seasons when he had developed and started playing as a striker instead of on the wing,so using stats for Aubas entire time there paints a false picture.

Auba is better att creating space with off ball runs, more useful in pressing, a harder worker and a better dribbler than Lewandowski. Lewandowskis hold up play, passing and physique is better though, to be fair. It is hard to compare players from different leagues, of course.

Ok. I’ll let you live in your red tinted world.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don’t think there are many if any people that would take Aubameyang over Lewandowski or Aguero. Though every player and prospect at Arsenal is the best in the world which is why they are so dominant at every level I guess.
Nobody could beat a prime Aguero, he's better than Brasilian Ronaldo. I do think injuries and age have killed his mobility lately, but he isn't better than Auba nowadays. Lewandowski is the most overrated player ever, he's played on loaded teams his entire life. If you put Aubameyang in the same career as Lew you would be saying the same thing about PEA.

Reactions: AB13

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Another dive, but this time he fortunately gets caught. I would be disgusted with him if I was a Liverpool fan, but considering how much they've defended all his past actions they will probably defend his yellow card tonight too...

5b14cjplqaw31.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to defend it, because if you call that a dive you are blind.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Nope. Deserved yellow for sure.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
And where did anyone say City showed character? I mean, you’re already making a broad statement based on one person but still.
Ok I made that up.. but would anybody looking at the City match and the match stats would say that they stole points? Samething with Liverpool and Aston Villa

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah so it's not a pen and not a dive either. He stepped on his foot.
Yet Brighton got a penalty against Everton for the lad stepping on the blokes forward shoe like last week...

I'm sorry, but I consider football a contact sport. Not as much as hockey or rugby at all, but you get some body tackles, sliding tackles, and boxing outs done on a daily basis. Just because there is slight contact in the box doesn't mean it's a penalty. That's not a penalty, Mane felt a touch of contact based on your picture and went down. That's a dive to me, because that amount of contact doesn't justify his reaction of falling down and why it deserved a yellow card. The Lerma thigh bump on Martial earlier today was more of a penalty claim than this one here.

Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad