GWT: PL Matchweek 1

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
At right back?

TAA obviously, and cancelo overall too.

Those shouldn’t even be remotely debatable.

Cancelo? Is he even going to start any premier league games?

When I watch Liverpool I usually don't think Alexander-Arnold is the best player for them on the pitch, when I watch Leicester some games Pereira is their best player. That's why I just like him better, he does more for Leicester than Alexander-Arnold does for Liverpool.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I need to see Cancelo actually perform to expectations in the Premier League before I put him anywhere near a best in the league list. He would hardly be the first player who was great in Serie A to be bought by a Premier League team with a ton of hype, but not live up to expectations.

Reactions: HoseEmDown

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Okay so obviously that was offside and VAR was always gonna call that offside, but if there's one like that that's closer, where the player scores but the flag was up, and VAR allows it, that's a load of f***ing bullshit. The flag going up effects how the defenders play. There are situations where the goal might not have happened if the flag hadn't gone up.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Aubamayang, Willock, Maitland-Niles, and Chambers were very impressive today.
nice to get the 3 points, and first win out the way.
despite Mihki, Xhaka and Guendouzi starting.

Reactions: AB13

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Okay so obviously that was offside and VAR was always gonna call that offside, but if there's one like that that's closer, where the player scores but the flag was up, and VAR allows it, that's a load of ****ing bull****. The flag going up effects how the defenders play. There are situations where the goal might not have happened if the flag hadn't gone up.

They checked if the ball came from Pogba or Kovacic.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
They checked if the ball came from Pogba or Kovacic.

I know, but even if it had been revealed to have come from Kovacic, the flag went up and the defenders reacted to the flag going up. If it had come from Kovacic, it still would've been BS for VAR to overturn it because the call on the field changed the way the defenders played it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I know, but even if it had been revealed to have come from Kovacic, the flag went up and the defenders reacted to the flag going up. If it had come from Kovacic, it still would've been BS for VAR to overturn it because the call on the field changed the way the defenders played it.

Defenders weren't even near Rashford. :laugh: Even if the flag had not gone up, no one would've gotten near him.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Defenders weren't even near Rashford. :laugh: Even if the flag had not gone up, no one would've gotten near him.

You're missing my point. In situations where the flag goes up, it's unfair for VAR to overturn it. I'm not talking specifically about this situation. Use your imagination. Imagine a situation where it's a tight line, the players offside, the flag goes up, the player scores after the defenders stop moving.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You're missing my point. In situations where the flag goes up, it's unfair for VAR to overturn it. I'm not talking specifically about this situation. Use your imagination. Imagine a situation where it's a tight line, the players offside, the flag goes up, the player scores after the defenders stop moving.

I'm sorry but no. You're supposed to play until the ref blows his whistle. If you stop playing before he does that, that's on you, not VAR.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's only the first half and they are playing another top 6 side but I think Chelsea will struggle a bit this year. Mount and Abraham are good young players they just aren't clinical enough yet and shouldn't be started for a team that wants to make the top 4. Pedro and William are getting older so don't think they'll pick up the slack either. I can see them being challenged for 6th and I don't think they'll go far in the Champions league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad