GWT: PL Matchweek 1

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He's not an upgrade on Marc Albrighton or Damarai Gray? I sure think he is.
I mean, his goal return at Newcastle was atrocious. Maybe you say he picks that up a bit playing with better teammates, but I think he's a pretty limited player.

I like Leicester's midfield, but they aren't deep up front or at the back. I see them bottom half.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Guendouzi is soooooooo sh*t. He always makes the wrong decision, can’t play a 1 touch pass, ruins the tempo by taking too many touches every single time which slows every attack down and simply loses every duel in midfield because he is so weak. His inexperience shows and he is always out of position. He is simply running around looking lost.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Guendouzi is soooooooo sh*t. He always makes the wrong decision, can’t play a 1 touch pass, ruins the tempo by taking too many touches every single time which slows every attack down and simply loses every duel in midfield because he is so weak. His inexperience shows and he is always out of position. He is simply running around looking lost.

I really don't understand your fixation on Guendouzi. He's been average, but not a poor performance from him. Plenty of other players in the side have been worse today.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hmm, Andreas Pereira over Matic today. Edit: Matic seems to have some kind of a knock hence why he's not even on the bench.

And 5 of the starters are United academy players.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean, his goal return at Newcastle was atrocious. Maybe you say he picks that up a bit playing with better teammates, but I think he's a pretty limited player.

I like Leicester's midfield, but they aren't deep up front or at the back. I see them bottom half.
He wasn't bought to be Vardy, he was brought in to help support the attack. In that role he's absolutely an upgrade over who they used last season.

I'd be shocked if they finish bottom half, as would most people I assume as they are pretty much universally considered the 7th or 8th best team in the league going into this season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
yDN0627.png

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Plan the parade. 4th is within reach!

Considering Liverpool have finished between 6th and 8th more often than in the top 4 in the last 10 years, you'd think their supporters would be less smug after 2 great seasons. But you'll probably just say the ridiculous Arsenal supporters are out picking a fight and derailing another thread.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Leicester look good overall. Maddison is so good minus the end product atm

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He wasn't bought to be Vardy, he was brought in to help support the attack. In that role he's absolutely an upgrade over who they used last season.

I'd be shocked if they finish bottom half, as would most people I assume as they are pretty much universally considered the 7th or 8th best team in the league going into this season.
It's not like statistically he was doing much "supporting the attack" in Newcastle either.

I don't think there's a lot separating any of those second tier squads. Any one of them can finish bottom half.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I really don't understand your fixation on Guendouzi. He's been average, but not a poor performance from him. Plenty of other players in the side have been worse today.

He does the little things that most people don’t see extremely wrong. He always takes too many touches and ruins the buildup completely, that is my biggest issue. He is such a complete defensive liability too with his joke of a positioning sense. He is afraid of physical contact and backs out of duels when he could win the ball all the time. We have so many better midfielders, anyone from the first team or academy would do better.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's not like statistically he was doing much "supporting the attack" in Newcastle either.

I don't think there's a lot separating any of those second tier squads. Any one of them can finish bottom half.
He lead Newcastle with 13 goals last year, added 2 assists, and had a 75.9% pass percentage. Is he a great player? No, but I never said that. All I said was that he is an upgrade, which he absolutely is.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Clean Sheet, Away Win, Opening Day Win. Feels unusual. Solid performance, not amazing but a good job from an inexperienced starting 11. Ainsley Maitland Niles was absolutely exceptional, worked so hard, won the ball back countless times, was creative and had a brilliant assist. Love his passion! Aubameyang is simpely world class, such a calm finish.

Reactions: Pensionsraddare

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Lacazette picked up a knock, Bellerin and Holding are both still recovering from long-term injuries, Ozil and Kolasinac have had their lives threatened, and Pepe, Ceballos, and Luiz have been training with the team for less than 2 weeks (2 days for Luiz). When you add context, it's easy to see Emery's thinking.
Nah, you need to be all guns blazing with 6 new players.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We'll see how Lampard uses Jorginho, hopefully in a more offensive role than Sarri did.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Big win, on the road with a depleted squad and a clean sheet no less.

It wasn’t impressive but I don’t think we could’ve asked for a better outcome considering the situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad