GWT: PL Matchweek 1

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Guendouzi has to go off. He slows down every attack by taking way too many touches, we don’t play any fluid football with him in the team. Bring on Torriera, or possibly Ceballos and play Willock as a more advanced box to box next to Xhaka/Torriera. Pepe and or Auba need to come on.

Either one of Xhaka or Guendouzi could come off for Torreira. I don't think Guendouzi has been bad at all, but he hasn't done anything great so far either.

I think our young guys played well. Willock, AMN, Guendouzi, Nelson.

Mkhi can't play full 90 anymore, but can still be a useful player.

Willock and AMN were good for me. Guendouzi was ok, and Nelson struggled a bit at times. Mkhi has definitely been the worst so far though, he's killed every chance so far except for the pass to Auba.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I switched to Wolves/Leicester at half and it's been fun so far.

Also really liking DAZN

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester aren't going to miss Maguire if Soyuncu plays like this all season.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal not really looking great. They should win, and I won’t be shocked if they get 2-3, but some might want to crow a bit less.

They're not playing their full starting lineup in a game away from home in the rain. Maybe some people should wipe the smirk off their face 55 minutes into the season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They’re going to finish about the same place with him or not. So to get their price was impressive
Definitely, and they used that money to buy 3 upgrades in Tielemans (who was excellent on loan), Perez, and Praet.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They're not playing their full starting lineup in a game away from home in the rain. Maybe some people should wipe the smirk off their face 55 minutes into the season.
For what it’s worth, the manager picked the side. Don’t blame me if they look somewhat pedestrian for most of this.

Oh look a goal. They should win, but it hasn’t been pretty.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
AMN and Auba have been our best players today. No coincidence they get the break through for us.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
For what it’s worth, the manager picked the side. Don’t blame me if they look somewhat pedestrian for most of this.

Lacazette picked up a knock, Bellerin and Holding are both still recovering from long-term injuries, Ozil and Kolasinac have had their lives threatened, and Pepe, Ceballos, and Luiz have been training with the team for less than 2 weeks (2 days for Luiz). When you add context, it's easy to see Emery's thinking.

Reactions: Cassano

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Wrong choice. Guendouzi should be substituted. Willock has been good. AMN freaking great so far in the second half. Not missing Bellerin at all.

Reactions: AB13

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Who knew fans had something to say about choosing the starting XI.

Looking pedestrian with the squad that was selected shouldn’t shock anyone but apparently, you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad