GWT: PL Matchday 2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I genuinely think that there are few forwards in the world as good in the buildup as he is. If you have good players to run off of him, he's such an asset. I'm not sure if France win the WC in 2018 without him leading the line, because his linkup with Mbappe and Griezmann played such a huge role. It's why I found it so frustrating that he wasn't first-choice last season, because he and Hazard had unbelievable chemistry.
I couldn't agree more with both points. There were a lot of complaints on here and in the media about France using Giroud, but they missed why he was being used and why it was so effective. Hazard always played his best last season with Giroud, but first Morata and then Higuain were always being played over him and would kill the flow of the attack.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Mount doing an excellent job drifting into the box from deep, and Leicester aren't picking him up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester would look better with Albrighton than they do with Perez. They're really lacking in width.
I don't understand why they are playing Maddison out wide on the left with Choudhury in the middle. Maddison is at his best in the middle, and both he and Perez keep cutting to the inside. This is especially leaving Fuchs badly exposed.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Leicester is so lazy and sloppy in possession.

Terrible touches, terrible passes, and no effort to track loose balls.

It doesn't help that they're coming up against potentially the two highest energy players in the league in Kante and Pedro, and so they're getting beat to the 50/50s by those two.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
What a couple touches by Leicester.

Training ground corner that absolutely no one was ready for so Chelsea clearers it easily and then Ricardo booted it about 15 yards too far back to Schmeichel which quickly led to the Chelsea corner.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It doesn't help that they're coming up against potentially the two highest energy players in the league in Kante and Pedro, and so they're getting beat to the 50/50s by those two.

Sure, Kante especially beats almost everyone to the majority of 50/50s but it’s not even that they’re not trying to win them, it’s like they’re entirely giving up on the pressure.

It’s like as soon as they see they’re not the favorite for the ball they just entirely give up on the play, there’s not even an attempt to get into a good position to pressure the guy who’s gonna win it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester really missing the spark they had last year under Rodgers. I agree that the effort looked poor, they are standing still far too much compared with what they are capable of doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad