GWT: PL Matchday 2

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Feels like 80% of Chelsea attacks begin with Kante pushing the ball up field and then running out of good options. I'm a big fan of Kante, but he should hardly be the creative hub of your team's attacking play.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Perhaps he should perform to at least the level of what we paid for him before you go declaring him too good for the club? He hasn't even been good in this game for one.
He’ll probably never play like an80 million dollar keeper but he’s better than this Chelsea team

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m no Kepa fan at all, but he’s neither bad nor great. He had a number of big stops Wednesday. He’s young and a bit inconsistent for me, which makes sense. But he’s also not playing behind anything I would be confident in

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He’ll probably never play like an80 million dollar keeper but he’s better than this Chelsea team
I disagree, he's not shown to be anything better than a mid-tier Premier League keeper so far, he's certainly not world class or deserving of starting for a best of the best club.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
deserved sharing of the points today
Chelsea seem like a weird mishmash of players out there, gonna be a long season for them.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So what's the expectation here for Chelsea - if they're 7th on Christmas Day..is Lampard OK or a goner?
Depends what their expectations are. If they are expecting him to make the CL or nothing, he could be gone. If they are committed to a long term project, he'll be fine.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Brutal officiating there. Clearly a foul by Christensen and Vardy was in for a winner.
It was absurd. Christiansen turned, hugged him and body slammed him and Vardy gets called. Should let go Vardy in for advantage.

On another note, Chelsea's midfield is a joke outside of Kante.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad