11:30 am
Chelsea v Leicester

Monday
3:00 pm
Wolves v Man U

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Predicting a win for Brighton tomorrow. We have managed to beat West Ham 3 out of 4 times since being promoted and the other game was a draw. We are @ home with a full squad as well and Ham has Andersen and Haller listed as doubtful

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Adrian can’t go, I hope Liverpool play Kelleher instead of Lonergan. This was always going to be a tough one with the midweek fixture but with having to do extra time and another goalie getting hurt, the hits keep on coming.

And it’s only matchweek 2

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I love this PL. Some years ago watching the "smaller" teams play each other was just boring. Now I think Brighton - WH can be a smashing game. Two attacking teams. Same with Villa and Bournemouth. Everton - Watford should also be good. And if Southampton can keep up with Liverpool that could also be interesting. The only dire team I have seen so far, in terms of style, is Newcastle closely followed by Burnley. Burnley know what they are doing though. Could see Arsenal having a tough time beating them today.

I expect City to smash Spurs, but you never know. Spurs look lost against Villa, but this game will be completely different. Real shame Son is missing. Spurs got a lot of skill going forward, but only Son and partly Lucas that can stretch teams a bit. Lucas looked decent in pre-season, but was very poor against Villa.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Guendouzi and Ceballos, two of the weakest players in the League, as defensive midfielders against Burnley. Strange decision Emery. Hopefully it works as a 433 in game, with Willock helping them out defensively. Shocking team selection, Pepe and Torriera need the minutes ahead of Liverpool, and are obviously too good to sit on the bench.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They dominated possession and shots more than any other PL team last week.

Sure.

I watched the game twice. Anyone thinking Spurs were good probably haven´t.

Villa tired in a way City never will. I was actually surprised watching the game again how little Spurs created except when Villa made huge individual errors. Of course most goals are scored after a significant error by someone, but not like this.

And like last year Spurs continue to give away easy chances.

Of course Spurs will never be able to dominate City the way they did with Villa. I can only hope Spurs can keep it quiet defensively and do some damage on the CA. Not impossible, but 4-0 is to me more likely than 0-1.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Guendouzi and Ceballos, two of the weakest players in the League, as defensive midfielders against Burnley. Strange decision Emery. Hopefully it works as a 433 in game, with Willock helping them out defensively. Shocking team selection, Pepe and Torriera need the minutes ahead of Liverpool, and are obviously too good to sit on the bench.

Santi Cazorla is a 5'5" AM/Winger and was our best player in a midfield pivot in the last decade. Don't judge a book by its cover. I'd rather have Torreira on the pitch, but we're going to have a lot of possession today so it probably wont be an issue.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Santi Cazorla is a 5'5" AM/Winger and was our best player in a midfield pivot in the last decade. Don't judge a book by its cover. I'd rather have Torreira on the pitch, but we're going to have a lot of possession today so it probably wont be an issue.

Well, I do not care too much about having physical players in general, but when you have 2 extremely weak defensive midfielders, against such a physical team, it could be questioned. We should have too much quality regardless, and Ceballos is great even though he is weak

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ceballos could become such a player. Impressive movement, vision and passing so far, but looks like he needs to adjust to the tempo which is understandable. Needs to release the ball faster when outside the final third.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
David Luiz will certainly help us not look as lost playing out the back.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
We have played very well all game, but lack a ball winning midfielder obviously. Bring on Torriera for Guendouzi and we will win this. We deserve a 3 goal lead at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad