GWT: PL Matchday 2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea is looking really good in the Leicester end, but we're struggling to move the ball up the field from the back and getting trapped quite a bit.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Giroud always really underappreciated, so many great little link up plays already today. Obviously not a great goal scorer, but he creates tons of space for others with his movement and quick passes.

I genuinely think that there are few forwards in the world as good in the buildup as he is. If you have good players to run off of him, he's such an asset. I'm not sure if France win the WC in 2018 without him leading the line, because his linkup with Mbappe and Griezmann played such a huge role. It's why I found it so frustrating that he wasn't first-choice last season, because he and Hazard had unbelievable chemistry.

I didn't always appreciate him at Arsenal, but some people continue to crap on his time with us. Giroud is maybe the best build-up striker in the world and scores a worldie every now and then. He was a great fit alongside Ozil and Alexis at the time and some fans still don't realize it. If he scored the extra 5-10 goals that everyone always complained about, he would have been starting for Barca, not Arsenal.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think Mount is coming back far enough into our half, it's leaving us with limited options to move the ball quickly out of our half.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Other than the blitz of the first 10 minutes, Chelsea have been mediocre af. Not only are they way too passive, they're awful in possession. They can't string two or three passes together. Seems like it's all down to some individual piece of quality to make a difference.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Disregarding the scoreline, Chelsea were better again Manchester United than they have been today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad