GWT: PL Matchday 2

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That was some really nice movement on that goal, just shredded the Palace defenders.

Zaha continues to be the most selfish player in the league. I don't believe for a second that he could cut it at a big club like there are always rumors about him going to, all he does is try and dribble through 2-3 players every single time he has the ball.

I’ve always thought that too, however part of it may be due to the fact that if he doesn’t do it, no one else really will.

When you’re clearly the best player on a mediocre side, you’ve got a lot of pressure on you to do everything.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I’ve always thought that too, however part of it may be due to the fact that if he doesn’t do it, no one else really will.

When you’re clearly the best player on a mediocre side, you’ve got a lot of pressure on you to do everything.
I agree with what they were saying at half time during this game completely, since he never passes he is predictable and the opposition just overloads him and takes the ball 99% of the time. If he changed things up and was unpredictable, he'd either hit someone who is wide open with a pass (just in this game there have been 3 or 4 chances where a Palace player was in the box alone and Zaha didn't pass), or the opposition wouldn't overload him and he'd be looking at 1 guy to beat instead of 3.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
PULISIC STARTING:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:
qVNzfZZ.png

Looks like Jorginho and Kante in the midfield together again, which is so much better than how Sarri had them spread out.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I agree with what they were saying at half time during this game completely, since he never passes he is predictable and the opposition just overloads him and takes the ball 99% of the time. If he changed things up and was unpredictable, he'd either hit someone who is wide open with a pass (just in this game there have been 3 or 4 chances where a Palace player was in the box alone and Zaha didn't pass), or the opposition wouldn't overload him and he'd be looking at 1 guy to beat instead of 3.

Yea I don’t disagree at all. I haven’t been able to watch this game, but what you describe sounds about standard for their games I see.

I was just noting that I can understand where the selfishness comes from. Even when he does pass it, he’s used to palace players bottling their touches.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Advice for a neutral planning to watch a Sheff Utd game: strong avoid. Obviously they don't have a squad for it, but they offer very little in terms of entertainment.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Advice for a neutral planning to watch a Sheff Utd game: strong avoid. Obviously they don't have a squad for it, but they offer very little in terms of entertainment.
Was that ravel Morrison I saw on the bench.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Zaha is a great bottom 10 team player that can steal you some games every now and again, not worth 80 million or what ever it was.

At the same time, if a manager could coach out the selfishness for him, I think he could be a deadly player on a deeper squad where he’s basically expected to fulfill a Mahrez for City like role. Start the odd game, but mostly be relied upon to come off the bench and break a game.

Granted basically only City is able to pay that price (and wages) for a player with the intention of sitting him on the bench more often than not.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also, first time ref in charge of the Chelsea/Leicester game.

Something happened to whoever was supposed to be the official, so I think he’ll be the fourth official.

Might make for some interesting calls.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Giroud always really underappreciated, so many great little link up plays already today. Obviously not a great goal scorer, but he creates tons of space for others with his movement and quick passes.

Reactions: KJS14

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Giroud always really underappreciated, so many great little link up plays already today. Obviously not a great goal scorer, but he creates tons of space for others with his movement and quick passes.

I genuinely think that there are few forwards in the world as good in the buildup as he is. If you have good players to run off of him, he's such an asset. I'm not sure if France win the WC in 2018 without him leading the line, because his linkup with Mbappe and Griezmann played such a huge role. It's why I found it so frustrating that he wasn't first-choice last season, because he and Hazard had unbelievable chemistry.

Reactions: KJS14 and Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad